Storm Freezes while Video Recording. Has anyone else had this issue? I checked with one guy from Verizon and he told me to make sure to close all apps which I did. That does not solve the problem. I record video and after its own determined period of time, it freezes. I then have to take the battery out and put it back in to do anything. The buttons won't do a thing while its frozen.

Thank you to the community for your help.
    12-24-08 02:22 PM
    Common problem on .65 and .75/.76. If you go into your applications folder and select video camera, it'll work just fine.

The issue was resolved with .83 but that OS has its fair share of bugs too.
    12-24-08 02:24 PM
    fecurtis, you are totally right. I had been clicking the picture button and then going to video camera. Thank you so much. I'm using the .75 right now. Are you using the .83 OS? What are the bugs?

Thanks again.
    12-24-08 02:33 PM
    Not 100% true. I still have an issue at times and I'm on .83. Sometimes it works fine. However, it will still freeze up on me at times. After a batt pull, it will work fine again for a while. It does freeze up again after a while though.
    12-24-08 02:35 PM
    fecurtis, you are totally right. I had been clicking the picture button and then going to video camera. Thank you so much. I'm using the .75 right now. Are you using the .83 OS? What are the bugs?

Thanks again.
    A lot of people are having issues with the keyboard showing the suretype keys in landscape mode, the problem I have is that when I turn off my phone and turn it back on, it'll freeze and stay stuck on the VZW logo screen.

There are other issues I've heard floating around here, quite a few guys have downgraded back to .75.
    12-24-08 02:37 PM
    Not 100% true. I still have an issue at times and I'm on .83. Sometimes it works fine. However, it will still freeze up on me at times. After a batt pull, it will work fine again for a while. It does freeze up again after a while though.
    Ahh ok thanks for the clarification. I've used it only a handful of times with no such issues of freezing.
    12-24-08 02:37 PM
    Ahh ok thanks for the clarification. I've used it only a handful of times with no such issues of freezing.

It's def not as bad but I still get it from time to time..

BTW- Moved down here from Ashburn.. I see your from Potomac Falls.. Small world!!!
    12-24-08 02:43 PM
    Common problem on .65 and .75/.76. If you go into your applications folder and select video camera, it'll work just fine...
    I posted this "fix" on the "other" BlackBerry forums a week ago. It seemed to work fine for a while(I'm on .75)... but I'm afraid to say it's baaaack! So where does this leave us? Is this a hardware defect? This problem has been pervasive since the initial release of the phone. So... three updates later and it's still there! Unfortunately, no one at VZ or BB will come clean on this issue, they're pretending it doesn't exist. If it's not worked out by the 15th I will have to assume that it's a hardware problem and I'm outta here. I'm trading in my brick for an Omnia.
    12-24-08 03:42 PM
    It's def not as bad but I still get it from time to time..

BTW- Moved down here from Ashburn.. I see your from Potomac Falls.. Small world!!!
    lol crazy. I'm out in Ashburn quite a few times, indeed a very small world.
    12-24-08 04:25 PM
    Common problem on .65 and .75/.76. If you go into your applications folder and select video camera, it'll work just fine.

Thanks for this post. I have been having freezing issues out the whazoo on the video camera, but I tried this and I can now record 20+ minute videos. Thanks.
    12-24-08 05:26 PM
    yeah, i have that problem too, with a host of others. I just received a replacement handset and it does the exact same thing at just about the same time. Im torn, may have to trade it in.
    12-29-08 12:41 PM
    My phone just like most people would freeze if I took a video with my storm. I just got off the phone with verizonwireless. We got my video to work without freezing. I reinstalled the .75 os. but I don't think you need to do that. I had to backup all I had on my memory card. I did this by plugging it into my computer and copying the files onto my desktop. After that I unplugged the usb cable and went to options..Memory..push the menu key...select format...select media card... I did all that and it worked great. I reinstalled the photos and music and videos back and I was set. Somehow we all got a problem on the card. Hope this works for you.
    01-27-09 10:01 PM
    tag..thanks
    01-27-09 10:05 PM
    I tried the reformat trick and my video camera froze 15 seconds into the recording. What to do...what to do.
    03-04-09 07:00 PM
    I have had this problem too -- I'm using .75 and it often freezes up during video -- and yes, I do it through the Applications folder.

It's very frustrating, and all I can do is hope that someday there will be an operating system which makes this device the device that we all hope, expect and demand it to be.

Kraig
    03-04-09 08:22 PM
    This, most definitely is a frustrating situation.
    03-14-09 03:02 PM
    Ok well, I seen this issue a lot , I love to take pics and i found out from other forums and fixes. That wifi hero has been messing mine up. I went ahead and deleted it and so far i haven't has the reset issue when i open my camera. Waiting for an update from wifi hero until i install it.
    01-24-10 08:27 PM
    this situations suckzz
    01-24-10 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD