Good afternoon,

I have had no luck searching, so I hope you can help with some advice. after my upgrade to the latest verizon os (5.0.0.328), I've been having issues with the phone after long calls. the screen will go blank as it typically does during the call (backlight fade out), but after the call is ended it won't wake back up. It is functioning in the background as i can see the indicator led fire up notifying me of email and facebook updates, but nothing will get the screen to come back on. after about 2 minutes of this it flashes a white screen noting an app error and a list of stuff before it forces a phone restart. Its happened every time I've had a call over 15-20 minutes and the error screen flashes too fast to be able to copy the text down.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Jason
    12-01-09 01:50 PM
    If the screen is locked up, try to toggle the lock on/off a few times. This will wake it up most of the time.

What apps are you running? It only happens on long calls and never anywhere else?
    12-01-09 01:52 PM
    +1 on what Mike said, the lock/unlock should wake it up.
    12-01-09 02:14 PM
    Is it hooked to the charger when this happens? Mine did that once when it was charging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 02:20 PM
    I am running facebook and myspace apps... nothing else. I tried to toggle it using the lock button, 5-6 times with no response. also hit my other shortcut keys (right key camera, left key clock) and it didn't respond. It was not hooked to the charger, and It only happens after long phone calls. short calls, no problems. it won't lock up during the call either (one as long as an hour) it only fails on disconnect.
    12-01-09 03:00 PM
    I have the exact same problem. I read on a thread that it could be a humidity problem. If so how can I fix this
    12-07-09 08:15 PM
    yep i had the same problem too. went back and forth between 4.7 and 5.0 three times and every time any phone calls would disconnect after thirty minutes and display an OS error message. white screen, small black text. same font and size as the message you get to reload software after doing a jl_cmdr wipe. that's the main factor in my returning to the 4.7 OS and also the same reason i will never buy another RIM device again. they can't even get the f*cking phone app right, or at least get the OS to play along with it.
    12-07-09 08:58 PM
    hahahahahahahahaha ...you're right
    12-08-09 07:44 AM
    does anybody have any solutions...
    12-11-09 02:57 PM
    had the same problem. at first it would freeze up n restart itself. kept on usin it like that. then it would freeze up while in my pocket. n now the screen is just blank. i would click the screen and i could hear it, like nothin was wrong, but i couldnt see the screen. so i took it to a cell phone repair center. they say its the cell phones main brain, curcuit board or somethin like that. bought the cell phone use so im s...t out of luck. would have to get a new cell.
    12-12-09 04:18 PM
    mine goes black and stays that way. no buttons help. just wait for some time to pass or turn it off and back on, by battery pulling.
    12-13-09 01:23 PM
    Mine is constantly freezing and turning itself on and off and unlocking itself. Its really a pain.
    12-13-09 03:17 PM
    bump...

Just had this happen to me on a 28min call. Any solutions?
    01-22-10 01:24 PM
    I had a similar thing happen to me today. I was on the phone for about 5 minutes & when I went to hang up the screen was black (as in a backlight fade). When I clicked the screen nothing happened, when I pushed the buttons nothing happened, I tired to lock & unlock - got nothing. I had to pop the battery & restart to get it to come back on. This is the first it happened so I'm crossing my finger it doesn't do it again especially since I've only had this phone for a month (Verizon had to upgrade my old Storm cause I couldn't download the new OS!)
    02-14-10 12:52 AM
    Same issues here. Only happens on long calls. I get the constant vibration too. The only thing that stops it is pulling the battery
    02-14-10 04:09 AM
    happened to me today at the end of a twenty minute call. Battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 11:21 AM
    friend of mine had to do the same thing and go back to 4.7
    02-14-10 07:24 PM
    I get the txt message or a txt and my phone will vibrate for a straight minute then reset any suggestions to why?
    03-09-10 09:04 AM
    I was having the same problem, so I traded in my Storm for another one. I thought my new phone was fine, but it happened again today! (after about an hour) The screen went white with different info on it and then the phone restarted. (It was very frustrating as I was presenting on a client conference call with a half-dozen people.)

I was glad to find this thread, except for the fact that there doesn't seem to be a real solution. :-(

So, I don't think I'll get another Blackberry! I'm thinking Droid unless iPhone gets on the Verizon network.

Ken
    07-22-10 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD