I have a question on my Storm that I don't believe has been asked before. I am new to BB's and not an expert so please bear with me.

Because of my job I use various web sites with weather radars and view their "looped" images which are time lapsed. My Verizon Dare, a plain cell phone, looped the images fine. The Storm however does not. Some web sites it will work on but the ones I use the most will not. The image comes up but it will not loop. I have tried different settings to no avail. I also had a long talk with RIM and they couldn't get it to work either. He did say it is some kind of flash / GIF file.

I know from searching the board that BB's don't support flash players yet. Is this the same thing? I don't get any kind of message about a flash player - it just doesn't loop. I can't believe that my plain old Dare would play it and the Storm won't.

Does anyone have any suggestions? By chance is there an app out there somewhere that would fix this?

Thanks for any help!
    Dave
    03-28-09 11:18 AM
    No mobile device has Adobe Flash support.

Some websites have two versions of the animated pics. The prominent one is most likely Flash based, but they may also be Animated Gif based. The animated gifs will play in the browser, but not the Flash content.

A good example of this is animated Yahoo or Google ads. They are setup as both Flash and animated gifs so that they'll work regardless for most browsers.

Your old phone would probably hit Mobile versions of the sites in question. You MUST have your BB browser set to Blackberry emulation for it to automatically pull up the mobile version of some sites. Try that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 11:35 AM
    Both phones were going to the regular web sites of the sites in question - not the mobile version, so I know that's not the problem. The BB Browser is also being used.

I wouldn't think a regular cell phone like the Dare would have a flash player to handle this and the Storm would not would it? And, if like JRSCCIVIC98 says: "No mobile device has Adobe Flash support" Why can the Dare play it and not the Storm?

Any other ideas?
    03-28-09 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD