Hello,

I'm new to these forums.. And only really joined to get help from anyone who can, but now that I'm here- why not stay? Anyways..

My Storm (only about a month and a half to two months old) is extremely slow, no matter what I am doing.. I don't have much loaded on it, only about 10 pictures, and no other media files. And I keep receiving a Java error. "Uncaught exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError"

Any help anyone? Much appreciated!
    06-12-09 08:08 AM
    Hello,

I'm new to these forums.. And only really joined to get help from anyone who can, but now that I'm here- why not stay? Anyways..

My Storm (only about a month and a half to two months old) is extremely slow, no matter what I am doing.. I don't have much loaded on it, only about 10 pictures, and no other media files. And I keep receiving a Java error. "Uncaught exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError"

Any help anyone? Much appreciated!
    Have you done a batt pull? Plus what OS are you running?
    06-12-09 08:12 AM
    I'll check on the OS.. And I have only pulled the battery once or twice on it.
    06-12-09 08:17 AM
    I'll check on the OS.. And I have only pulled the battery once or twice on it.

How any apps to you have running on the back ground? To see them press the bb menu button, it will show how what apps you have running,

Sounds like you have not closed some apps properly.
    06-12-09 08:24 AM
    Yeah, I don't think I have. I have all of them running I believe..

Although whenever I log out of the browser, etc., I use the menu -> close option.. Not good enough?

EDIT: I have 25 Applications running, down to the "Power Off" option.
    06-12-09 08:26 AM
    jsut sounds to me like you just need to do a couple more battery pulls and it should start working fine. also try setting the network to 1XEV only.
    06-12-09 08:26 AM
    What exactly will that do?
    06-12-09 08:30 AM
    Yeah, I don't think I have. I have all of them running I believe..

Although whenever I log out of the browser, etc., I use the menu -> close option.. Not good enough?

EDIT: I have 25 Applications running, down to the "Power Off" option.
    Happens to everybody

There should only be five apps that are always running on any bb (you can't close them)

They are:
    Browser
    BB Messenger
    Home screen

Anything else you can close by using the close command on from the BB menu button.
    06-12-09 08:32 AM
    Happens to everybody

There should only be five apps that are always running on any bb (you can't close them)

They are:
    Browser
    BB Messenger
    Home screen

Anything else you can close by using the close command on from the BB menu button.
    My options from the BB menu: Move, Move To Folder, Hide, Options, Add Folder, Show Keyboard, Switch Application.. ??
    06-12-09 08:41 AM
    A battery pull with clear out the memory in your BB, it's like a reboot is to a PC. You should pull the battery once a day or once every couple days. There is a program called Quick Pull, you can find for free in the CB Store which automates this process.

Also if you have not yet updated to the new software OS version 4.7.0.148 I suggest you do that ASAP, you find complete instructions in the Storm OS Sub Forum.

Finally make sure that you are properly closing apps you are finished using, that is press the BB (or menu) button and select close.
    06-12-09 08:45 AM
    2 check on apps:
    Full home screen > hold down menu/bb key 2 pull up app switcher (browser, home, msgs, phone, + bb msgr if u have, always appear) > close out apps via menu > close/exit.

2 reduce browsing lag:
    Browser > menu > options >
    1. Browser configuration > uncheck support javascript & check prompt 2 enable js.
    2. General properties > check enable js location support.
    3. Cache operations > clear all regularly.
    06-12-09 08:47 AM
    My options from the BB menu: Move, Move To Folder, Hide, Options, Add Folder, Show Keyboard, Switch Application.. ??
    You have to close each app one by one. Go to each app and then press the bb button and then the close command will show at the buttom of the menu.
    06-12-09 09:00 AM
    If you use a battery pull to close open applications trying to speed up your device, you need to be sure to leave the battery out of the device for about 1-3 minutes. A quick pulling it out and putting it back in does nothing but reset. You will know if you have done it correctly, because when you replace the battery, it will take several minutes to reboot.

You should see a noticeable increase in speed.
    09-18-09 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD