I have 2 separate email accounts: Hotmail and workmail. I used to have 2 icons on my storm for them. I did a backup (including service books and all the options) before installing 5.0.0.191 from .140. After installation, I restored everything from my backup. Everything was like usual, all my previous emails under those 2 icons, except that I cound not send or receive emails. I did several battery pulls without success. I finally re-sent my servicebooks. As soon as I did that, although both of those mail icons are still there, but all of my older emails were gone! I now only have newer mails, all my older emails are disappeared. (The older mails are still present in master message icon where I have also have PIN messages, BBM messages and SMS. That is unchanged).

It seems that somehow my email accounts were un-linked from my service books, or the service books in my backup were corrupt, so that when I sent for service books, I got new service books and with that 'New email Icons'. I want to be able to get all my emails (from my backup and newer) from those Hotmail and Workmail icons. Is there any way I can get that now? They are physically still present on the phone, but not under individual email Icons. Pls Help!!
    09-12-09 07:09 PM
    if they didnt get restored after the update then the only other thing is if there is a copy left on the server for a certain number of days. Not sure how to get them but you might look into it. You did have them backed up on your PC right?
    09-12-09 07:19 PM
    Yea, all my older emails are in backup file and they are in my message folder on my phone as well. But only thing is they are not showing up under their respective folder icons. I was thinking of some way of copying/reassociating them from master message folder to their respective folder icons
    09-13-09 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD