Well i need some help here. Im trying to find out what the best email option is.

I have a BB storm, and i have always used POP. and recently got my company on google apps. The idea of IMAP seems nice but searching all the forms two way email sync is not working well. ie. when i archive an email online it doesnt remove it from my phone for atleast two hours. But google IMAP is nice because i get the email instantly.

Another option would be to use the Gmail app. Well i dont want to use that. I want to use the bb messaging system.

Basically im willing to switch email servers or whatever to get what i want.

I want to:

1. Get email instantly
    2. I want to be able to see my email server/IMAP folders on my BB so if i get an email i can send it directly to the folder from my bb and then my email server gets updated immediately
    3. Deleteing updates from my BB updates the server.
    4. Reading and archiving from the server/outlook updates the bb instantly

So is there an email system that is compatible with the storm to do that, whether that means i should get a BES type system Exchange server or whatever. Im will to do anything.

what are my options pros and cons, because i have no idea. This is my first blackberry experience.

Thanks in advance
    01-31-09 02:14 PM
    bump, any thoughs??
    01-31-09 05:40 PM
    Yahoo Mail, strangely enough, is the most full-featured e-mail service for the BlackBerry. I don't think it supports folders though.

If you want the best, BES with Exchange is the way to go.
    01-31-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD