I keep reading that a good way to gain memory and speed is to delete any unwanted/unneeded applications on the phone. My question is, what apps are absolutely necessary and cannot be removed? Things like "bbmessenger" and "notepad" I can decide for myself but there are other things on there that I have no idea what they are...can anyone help? Thanks
    02-13-09 07:13 PM
    That advice is mostly for 3rd party apps. If you don't use them, remove VZ navigator and visual Voicemail. They are both memory intensive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 08:20 PM
    Today, I visited the VZN store on 1960 at I-45 in Houston, TX to look for a car mount for my Storm. Didn't have what I wanted. On leaving, I turned right at 1960 and I-45 and...ended up on the HOV. I have never been on the HOV. Anyhow, it dumped me in downtown Houston. VZN Navigator: "Where am I" and "Follow Me". No Problemo. Wouldn't leave home without VZN Navigator ! Perhaps I can petition to have Stimulus Package pay for both my Storm and VZN Navigator !

Loosing it at 68 ?

Doctor Neutron
    02-13-09 10:18 PM
    Today, I visited the VZN store on 1960 at I-45 in Houston, TX to look for a car mount for my Storm. Didn't have what I wanted. On leaving, I turned right at 1960 and I-45 and...ended up on the HOV. I have never been on the HOV. Anyhow, it dumped me in downtown Houston. VZN Navigator: "Where am I" and "Follow Me". No Problemo. Wouldn't leave home without VZN Navigator ! Perhaps I can petition to have Stimulus Package pay for both my Storm and VZN Navigator !

Loosing it at 68 ?

Doctor Neutron
    I swear, every single one of your posts is a damn plug for VZNav. What's your stake in it?

02-13-09 11:45 PM
    I do believe sir, that you just hijacked this thread.

02-14-09 05:40 AM
    It has been a while, since I did this but what I did was used the add applications feature in DM to provide me with a list I then either googled one of the more unusual names or searched crackberry and came across a list explaining what each thing was .

For example: after reading he explanation for the DOD certificates I determined I don't need them.
    02-14-09 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD