Any intent by Verizon to lower the pricing on their unlimited BB data plans? My wife and I (both with 8130s) currently have a BB family plan setup with 900 minutes a month, and tethering and text messaging on one phone, and we're paying $195 a month!

And I hope onboard memory is improved, as every other day I have to reset the damn thing because it gobbles up all the free memory (5 MB)!

Thanks
    09-23-08 01:40 PM
    Any intent by Verizon to lower the pricing on their unlimited BB data plans? My wife and I (both with 8130s) currently have a BB family plan setup with 900 minutes a month, and tethering and text messaging on one phone, and we're paying $195 a month!

And I hope onboard memory is improved, as every other day I have to reset the damn thing because it gobbles up all the free memory (5 MB)!

Thanks
    Verizon has always been more expensive than other carriers. I have 3 lines (only 1 BB) 700 minutes, 500 texts per phone, and insurance on my BB and I pay around $150/mo WITH a 20% discount. Ridiculous. Now that the storm looks like it doesnt have Wifi, its about the nail in the coffin for me to switch to AT&T for the Bold.

There is a huge list somewhere of companies that are eligible for access discounts, but I cant find it right now.
    09-23-08 02:14 PM

Thanks
    No, Verizon is not planning on lowering the data plan. The onboard memory is improved, and is 1 GB. That's more than enough for all of the applications you could ever want.

However, if you would just peak around the forums a little bit, the memory isn't a problem on the pearl if you optimize it. I have 8 apps on my phone and I'm still at 20,000,000 free. It gets down to 18 after a few days of texting/emails, then I use softreset and I'm good to go. Not a problem.
    09-23-08 02:19 PM
    I don't know, for me the 900 minutes for 59.99, plus 29.99 for unlimited data is worthwhile to have the best coverage of anyone in Arizona - NEVER a dropped call or "dead zone"

But I have no idea how multiple lines or business phones compare
    09-23-08 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD