I'm having a hard time picking should i get the storm or Curve for wife for XMAS? Both 1 year price with discount Curve 170 storm 220. They Verizon customer service is give me a hook up on sale for storm.
    12-14-08 11:26 AM
    was gonna get the storm for my fiance, but she then stated she hated touch screen stuff ... so i got her the pink BBerry Curve from VZW... Had to give it to her early as her other phone broke. First few days were nothing but question after question, but now she gets it and loves it. she says she is in love with it and should've got a berry sooner. only thing that wierded me out is that she refuses to use crack berry because she doesn't like reading through message boards because they are filled with too much off topic stuff. LOL i wasn't even going to try and argue with her how great crack berry is.
    12-14-08 11:30 AM
    I'm having a hard time picking should i get the storm or Curve for wife for XMAS? Both 1 year price with discount Curve 170 storm 220. They Verizon customer service is give me a hook up on sale for storm.
    i think you will have to think about how your wife uses the phone and what her tastes are...and decide from there.
    no flame intended, but i don't think any of us are qualified to make that call
    if i was thinking of the same thing as you. i would compare the two phhones and then think which would make her happier.
    know what i mean?
    12-14-08 11:30 AM
    Tell her that you need to get one for work or something and ask which one she thinks you should get. Whichever one she picks is what you get her.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 11:33 AM
    I would say if the wife is a Tech head and love gadgets, get her the storm but if she is a like my wife and just wants to make calls then get her a curve.
    Also if the phone will live in the purse then get the curve (protect the screen and size/weight difference)

You know your wife, but mine never uses gadgets even Bluetooth headsets just phones and texts so anything with a QWERTY is good but the options were Storm or Curve so the Curve is better for her.
    12-14-08 11:34 AM
    The Storm Is Not Meant For A Starter Blackberry....plain And Simple!
    12-14-08 11:43 AM
    I gave my Storm to the phone to chat with someone on Yahoo.. she tried the touch screen for about 45 seconds and gave me the phone back, like it was a hot potatoe..

My wife doesn't have the patience to learn how to re-type and get used to the touch screen.. if I were to get a BB for my wife, it would certainly be the Curve!

Another thing to consider.. does your wife have long nails? If so, typing on the Storm will more than likely be a problem.
    12-14-08 11:43 AM
    I take exception to that. The Storm is my first BB and I'm doing great with it! I'm totally in love. :-)

12-14-08 11:51 AM
    Give her the storm if she doesent like it go and return it an get the curve. That's what I whould do I think they give you like 30 days

12-14-08 11:59 AM
    Give her the storm if she doesent like it go and return it an get the curve. That's what I whould do I think they give you like 30 days

You are right that is excatlly what i was thinking bout doing! I'm gonna make her love it lol.
    12-14-08 12:10 PM
    If she is a blackberry user then I say give the storm and you can always let her exchange it for the curve.
    because she will atleast have the idea of what the apps and things are for.
    And I got mine yest. I'm a female and I came from a pearl. It's a little hard to adjust to full time. But I love it and am sure that after a few weeks when I understand everything that it will be the best for me.
    good luck & happy holidays
    12-14-08 12:18 PM
    I disagree- I think its easier for new users to adapt to the Storm because they never used a Blackberry before.
    12-14-08 12:35 PM
    You are right that is excatlly what i was thinking bout doing! I'm gonna make her love it lol.
    I love it when men think they are going to "make us" do something.
    12-14-08 12:36 PM
    I have had each of the 8*** series berries except the 8900 and bought a new 9530 and i must say even with its quirks i have grown to like it alot... much faster than my curve now that the softwRE HAS been semi-sorted and alot more fun
    12-14-08 12:38 PM
    Get the Curve,I'm returning my Storm!
    12-14-08 12:38 PM
    My wife loved my storm, but thought it was a bit to much. I got her a pink curve 2 weeks ago. She LOVES it.
    12-14-08 12:52 PM
    It depends on how "techie" she is, I know my girlfriend would get lost in either phone but it seems that with a more stable platform it would be easier to learn Choose Curve. If she is a tech person and will understand that it is a bit buggy now and is getting better and likes "gadgets" then the Storm would be perfect.
    12-14-08 02:11 PM
    You'll spend less time (and have more fun) giving your wife a new baby for Christmas!! Kidding aside, I gave both my wife and myself a Storm for our 9th Anniversary...and instead of enjoying the usual "anniversary perks", this gift plunged me into countless hours of wrestling with OS's, upgrading, desktop managers, battery pulls, and stress-inducing reading of bazillions of Crackberry postings!! We should've been enjoying "anniversary" activities instead!!!

12-14-08 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD