The title says it all. Yesterday, I had the Storm plugged into my computer, sync'ing the contacts. This was after half a day's emails mysteriously disappeared. I though I could get them back with a sync.

No! It got the white screen of death, and then when I pulled the battery, the unit took about 12 minutes to power back up, only to find that I had my 2 email accounts and NOTHING else. What's worse, my wife had texted me some photos of her dad who recently passed away, and now these are gone forever. I hate this Storm. It is a piece of junk - it promises so much and has a pretty useful interface, but it's so flaky, it's caused me a lot of downtime in my business.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or should I just take it back and get a 8830 World Edition?
    02-07-09 12:27 PM
    Had you done a backup lately. You could restore from it.

This is the first time that I personally have heard of a crash during a sync.

I haven't had any problems other than minor issues with my Storm.
    02-07-09 12:42 PM
    Had you done a backup lately. You could restore from it.

This is the first time that I personally have heard of a crash during a sync.

I haven't had any problems other than minor issues with my Storm.
    I was in the middle of a back-up when it crashed. Suffice it to say, none of my data was saved to the PC, so now ALL of my contacts, photos, files, etc are lost forever. I am so pi$$ed off!!!

By the way, when the white screen came up, it came up with an error message about 3 pixels high. I think it said, "JVM Error 528". It was incredibly hard to read.
    02-07-09 01:17 PM
    No disrespect here just asking. The picture of your deceased dad that your wife sent could easily be sent again can't they. I am almost certain she didnt send them to you and then erase her copy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 01:26 PM
    No disrespect here just asking. The picture of your deceased dad that your wife sent could easily be sent again can't they. I am almost certain she didnt send them to you and then erase her copy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No disrespect taken. The photos of her father were on her old Motorola flip phone that was on its last legs, thus the upgrade to a new phone for her. Maybe it will work if we re-assign her old number back and then text the pics to me again. THIS time, I hope it backs up!
    02-07-09 04:38 PM
    I was in the middle of a back-up when it crashed. Suffice it to say, none of my data was saved to the PC, so now ALL of my contacts, photos, files, etc are lost forever. I am so pi$$ed off!!!

By the way, when the white screen came up, it came up with an error message about 3 pixels high. I think it said, "JVM Error 528". It was incredibly hard to read.
    This just happened to me...but I lucked out.

Beneath the error it had a place to click "continue" -- phone finishing booting up. The media card had not lost any info, phone still running .132 but all of my databases and settings were gone. Luckily I had a backup from a week ago when I upgraded to .132 so I was able to restore everything and the phone works fine. So far

I guess moral is: if this happens to you, all is not necessarily lost! And back up regularly!
    05-01-09 01:57 PM
    Help. twitterberry not working !
    ok so when i try to go on my twitterberry app installed on my blackberry
    it doesnt work when i try updating my status just says "updating status"... and freezes?
    i dont understand if i have 2 type any TCP addresses? im on t-mobile. its driving me insane!!!! HELP
    05-01-09 01:58 PM
    Help. twitterberry not working !
    ok so when i try to go on my twitterberry app installed on my blackberry
    it doesnt work when i try updating my status just says "updating status"... and freezes?
    i dont understand if i have 2 type any TCP addresses? im on t-mobile. its driving me insane!!!! HELP

WOW!!??
    05-01-09 02:05 PM

WOW!!??
    yeah...people need to post things in the appropriate threads!

and use search!
    05-01-09 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD