Hey guys, so recently my BB storm died so i plugged it in to charge, after a while i came back to it and it wouldn't boot up, it would just continuously reboot. I took it to the verizon store, they didn't help to much. So i came back home tried turning it on and it powered on to a white screen the said "Reload Software, 507" or something like that. So i plugged it in to my computer, launched DM and restored the whole phone back to original .328 OS. After it was done it started working, i was happy until it stopped working again. I let it charge over night and turned it back on in the morning and same thing happened.

Edit: I tried the App Loader wizard itself, and i got this message:
    ""The blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

I don't know if its nuked, but i think it is. I'm stuck and really could use some help!

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    -George
    Last edited by BBstorm508; 06-22-10 at 09:44 PM. Reason: added info
    06-22-10 09:06 PM
    Hey guys, so recently my BB storm died so i plugged it in to charge, after a while i came back to it and it wouldn't boot up, it would just continuously reboot. I took it to the verizon store, they didn't help to much. So i came back home tried turning it on and it powered on to a white screen the said "Reload Software, 507" or something like that. So i plugged it in to my computer, launched DM and restored the whole phone back to original .328 OS. After it was done it started working, i was happy until it stopped working again. I let it charge over night and turned it back on in the morning and same thing happened.

Edit: I tried the App Loader wizard itself, and i got this message:
    ""The blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

I don't know if its nuked, but i think it is. I'm stuck and really could use some help!

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    -George

You probably forgot to delete the Vendor.xml file from the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" folder.
    06-22-10 09:54 PM
    thanks for the fast reply.

yeah i forgot to do that, but i actually got the AppLoader wizard to work, i didn't have the OS installed.

But my phone won't restore, it keeps rebooting, will deleting the vendor.xml file fix that?

Thanks
    06-22-10 10:31 PM
    Definitely load the OS for your blackberry onto your computer. Once you do that, delete that Vendor.xml file.

There are some posts out there on the web that give you a step-by-step walkthrough of how to reload the OS successfully.

The best luck I've had is to pull the battery from the phone and leave it out. Then start loader.exe from the Apploader folder. Once you have the loader program at the point where it is trying to detect your BB, plug in the BB until you see PIN: UNKNOWN in apploader. This will break the reboot cycle and you can then keep clicking next on the wizard to reload your OS.

At this point, I recommend walking away and letting it do what it does.

It'll erase everything on the phone again, then reload stuff.. It'll look like at one point it says ERROR 507: NO OS, but just that will go away soon after the apploader has a chance to reload the .cod and OS back onto the phone.

Eventually it'll restart and then BB will be as good as new.

Good luck!
    06-22-10 10:52 PM
    Thanks alot for the help!
    I'm gonna try that now and get back to you.
    Just one question though, should i leave the battery out the whole process or should i put it in at a certain point?

Edit: Windows doesn't even recognize my phone anymore, and the pin wont show up.. Now im really stuck. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Last edited by BBstorm508; 06-23-10 at 07:23 AM.
    06-23-10 07:18 AM
    Look at the forum how to recover a nuked berry. there is a trick where you pull the battery out and plug it in to the computer and the pin will show up breifly for a second and you have to click next right when it does, and that breaks the reboot cycle. Or something along those lines. find that forum and you will solve your problem
    06-23-10 07:29 AM
    06-23-10 07:29 AM
    I was actually following that guide, but like i said my pin won't show up, ive tried about 15 times.

Unplug the phone
    Take out battery
    Plug in charger

But my Unknown pin won't show. It used to show up but not anymore
    06-23-10 07:35 AM
    I had a similar problem once. I resolved it by deleting all blackberry software from my computer ie. Desktop manager and OS. reboot computer reload software and it worked for me. Hope it does for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 07:59 AM
    thanks i'll try that
    06-23-10 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD