Sorry if this is a stupid question, or if its already been answered, but i couldn't find the answer anywhere.

Is the storm 1 going to continue to sell at verizon stores when the storm 2 comes out so that they have a cheaper model? Or will it be like the iPhone, and they discontinue the storm 1 when the storm 2 comes out?
    08-23-09 02:07 AM
    its hard to say what they will do. They could offer the storm 1 for less but more than likely they will sell out of them and just carry the storm 2.
    08-23-09 02:09 AM
    So if they sold out of the Storm 1 and began to carry only the Storm 2, when I break my Verizon Insured storm 1 and bring it in will they replace it with a Storm 2?
    08-23-09 02:11 AM
    Nope.... They will give you a referb storm 1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 02:26 AM
    Dang thats kinda what I was hoping to do.... I guess I'll just have to sell it on my local online classifieds right before the storm 2 gets released to someone that doesn't know about the upcoming storm.
    08-23-09 02:28 AM
    Just like every other phone that's had a sequel, the Storm will continue to sell until inventory is gone or until there's just no point in trying to sell them anymore. Case in point - V> enV> enV2> enV3, voyager> enV Touch, chocolate 1>2>3, etc...

So if they sold out of the Storm 1 and began to carry only the Storm 2, when I break my Verizon Insured storm 1 and bring it in will they replace it with a Storm 2?
    Verizon doesn't provide insurance, Asurion does. Yes it's on your Verizon bill, but they are just the folks collecting the money for Asurion- they don't actually complete insurance claims. So, if you break it, you have to go thru Asurion, not Verizon. You warranty claims (defective, malfunction) go thru Verizon, and you will most likely get a Storm1 (unless they are out of stock).

Nope.... They will give you a referb storm 1.

not necessarily. Asurion may replace with new or refurb. It's at their discretion, and most likely based on warehouse stock. If they're out of Storm1, you may luck out and get a Storm2... but I wouldn't roll the dice on that. I've also heard that with the recent changes in their plan terms in May, they are supplying new devices. But I don't know 100%. The best way to find out is to call them and ask.
    08-23-09 03:32 AM
    I just had mine replaced in July. Refurb from Canada.

08-23-09 09:38 AM
    Or here's an idea for the OP. Try to save $15 a week until the storm 2 comes out and just BUY it. If your income level won't allow you to save that much, you should probably re evaluate upgrading.

08-23-09 11:01 AM
    Or here's an idea for the OP. Try to save $15 a week until the storm 2 comes out and just BUY it. If your income level won't allow you to save that much, you should probably re evaluate upgrading.

yes that would be the logical thing to do but why not just claim something is wrong with it so you can get a newer device. Come on, its all the rage now. Just look how many people made things up about the storm to be able to get the tour. Now there griping about all the problems with the tour. Serves them right.
    08-23-09 02:40 PM

I've paid 5.00 a month for years with only one claim on a razr. The way I look at it I have already paid retail several times over. I too would drop my storm one from the roof if it were to be replaced by second gen. Without remorse.

08-23-09 04:22 PM
    I've paid 5.00 a month for years with only one claim on a razr. The way I look at it I have already paid retail several times over. I too would drop my storm one from the roof if it were to be replaced by second gen. Without remorse.

and do you try and cheat the system every chance you get? The insurance has nothing to do with Verizon. Its a third party insurance company.
    08-23-09 04:44 PM
    Insurance is modern day racketeering. I won't commit blatent fraud no. Was just stressing a point above. I would absolutely stop being as careful with my phone knowing I could upgrade though.

08-23-09 08:02 PM
    Insurance is modern day racketeering. I won't commit blatent fraud no. Was just stressing a point above. I would absolutely stop being as careful with my phone knowing I could upgrade though.

Really? They put a gun to your head and forced you to buy insurance for your Storm?

Quit trying to make excuses.

08-23-09 08:24 PM
    Really? They put a gun to your head and forced you to buy insurance for your Storm?

Yah, didnt the asurion rep take you out back and shove the muzzle of the .357 down your throat too?
    08-23-09 08:26 PM
    I have a 240 SAW waiting on my storm when storm 2 gets here.

Believe the 50 cal would be overkill but still have not made up my mind.
    08-23-09 08:30 PM
    I have a 240 SAW waiting on my storm when storm 2 gets here.

Believe the 50 cal would be overkill but still have not made up my mind.
    teh saw is a heavy son a gun

Now the 50 cal is a real mans weapon
    08-23-09 08:32 PM

Do you think that if the Storm was everything it was supposed to be a thread like this would even be taking place?
    08-23-09 08:32 PM
    Do you think that if the Storm was everything it was supposed to be a thread like this would even be taking place?
    well um, yeah. Why wouldnt there be this thread.

oh and please explain what you mean by "everything its suppose to be"
    08-23-09 08:33 PM
    .... I guess I'll just have to sell it on my local online classifieds right before the storm 2 gets released to someone that doesn't know about the upcoming storm.
    Lol. I actually thought of a similar plan yesterday. Gonna sell my Storm 1 mid September for about $250, add my own $150 to it, and buy the Tour full price from Verizon. Then, when im eligible for my early upgrade in January, i'll get the Storm 2. Best of both worlds.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenius
    08-23-09 08:35 PM
    good luck getting $250 for the storm 1 once the storm 2 is out, rofl!
    08-23-09 09:48 PM
    well um, yeah. Why wouldnt there be this thread.

oh and please explain what you mean by "everything its suppose to be"
    No reason to even give this person an answer, his question is totally irrelevant to my quote. I doubt he read the entire thread.
    08-23-09 10:07 PM
    good luck getting $250 for the storm 1 once the storm 2 is out, rofl!
    If you read my message you would see that I'm gonna sell it mid September...which means the Storm 2 wont be out. And word of advice...not everyone hears these Storm 2 whispers like us. The rest of the world has no idea or could give a rats a$$ about a Storm 2...trust me, I know some.

So rofl all you want...at the end of the day I'll get what I want as well, and I guess we'll both be happy.
    08-23-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD