Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a Mac but was wondering if the desktop manager and my blackberry could work with a Apple operating system...
    Help?
    07-27-09 11:45 AM
    It's not the phone it's Desktop Manager. The current one is not, but the Mac version should be available in about a week.
    07-27-09 11:47 AM
    Ok, so the phone is compatible then, but the desktop manager isn't?
    07-27-09 11:52 AM
    That's right. There are a few different options that you can go with, but I'd say just wait until Rim releases DM for Mac.

I'm using Missing Sync, but will switch to DM for Mac as soon as it comes out.
    07-27-09 11:57 AM
    I use pocketmac for contact and calendar sync but it won't do a full backup

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 12:53 PM
    There are other solutions out there too. Check the MAC Users section of the Forum for tons of help and info. Of course when the MAC version of DM finally comes out this will be a moot point.
    07-27-09 01:24 PM
    just wait for the MAC compatible DM to drop to get your new computer. or are you hard pressed for it right now?

why not just keep the PC for DM purposes until the new one arrives, and primarily use your mac for whatever you're gonna use it for?
    07-27-09 02:16 PM
    Bootcamp is an easy way to do it until the pending release.
    07-27-09 04:01 PM
    I use boot camp too. Since it's windows, DM works fine.
    07-27-09 06:17 PM
    Please, it's Mac, not MAC

In addition to Bootcamp (which enables a dual boot between Mac OS and Windows), there are also Parallels and VMwareFusion, which install a VIRTUAL install of Windows, eliminating the need to reboot the machine to load the different OS.

I use VMwareFusion and XpproSP2 and it works flawlessly.

Or, as the others have said, just wait til September when RIM will be releasing the Desktop Manager for Mac OS.
    07-27-09 07:12 PM
    I use VMwareFusion with XP. I do not use boot camp. I like that setup better for various reasons. Checkout VMware's site for guidance on with or without boot camp. DM has been flawless.

PocketMac is very very weak.

Get the Mac. You will love it!!!!
    07-27-09 07:29 PM
    There really is no reason to wait. If you want a Mac, get one. There are many options for handling the syncing of your Storm (as pointed out in the posts above). In just a matter of a few weeks, we will have a fully-featured version of DM for the Mac. It should be completely smooth sailing from there on. I am fully Mac, and have no issues whatsoever. I use Bootcamp to run Windows XP and version 5.0 of DM. I use Missing Sync to back up to my Mac, sync my contacts and calendar, and move music to my Storm.

Don't worry. There are a lot of us Mac users on here who can help you with anything you need.
    07-27-09 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD