Hi guys, sorry if this was posted in another thread, but I dug through all of the battery threads and only saw threads on short battery life, which is not my problem. My Storm battery lasts quite longer than expected. My issue is that when I go to charge it, IT TAKES FOREVER. The first time I charged it, it took 10 hours out of the box. The second time I charged it, it took 12 hours. Just now, it was plugged in over night for 10 hours after my girlfriend drained it down to 1 bar, and still is not fully charged. I'm sorry, but no phone should take more than 4 hours to charge. What the heck is going on here? Anyone else have this problem???
    12-21-08 10:27 AM
    Are you using a USB cable plugged into your computer or the bundled wall charger? The USB cable will take considerably longer since the amount of current the computer can supply via USB is quite a bit less than you can get straight from an inverter. Especially if it's an unpowered USB hub you're plugging it into and/or there are other devices drawing power off of it.

You could also speed up the charging time by holding the end call button in to put it into a semi-off state.
    12-21-08 10:33 AM
    Are you using a USB cable plugged into your computer or the bundled wall charger? The USB cable will take considerably longer since the amount of current the computer can supply via USB is quite a bit less than you can get straight from an inverter. Especially if it's an unpowered USB hub you're plugging it into and/or there are other devices drawing power off of it.

You could also speed up the charging time by holding the end call button in to put it into a semi-off state.
    No, I've been using the wall charger, not the USB cable. Also, I've turned the phone off before every time I've charged it.
    12-21-08 10:34 AM
    My unlocked Verizon has similar problem. I have pluged in wall charge for 8 hours last night, this morning it sits at 100% but still charging. (the thunder icon still on top of battery meter). My other BlackBerrrys will fully charged within 3 hours.
    Not sure if this happen on other stomrs too?
    12-21-08 10:41 AM
    My unlocked Verizon has similar problem. I have pluged in wall charge for 8 hours last night, this morning it sits at 100% but still charging. (the thunder icon still on top of battery meter). My other BlackBerrrys will fully charged within 3 hours.
    Not sure if this happen on other stomrs too?
    Mine stops charging)showing the thunder icon, or light flashing) once it gets to 100%, it just takes FOREVER to get to 100%.
    12-21-08 10:41 AM
    No, I've been using the wall charger, not the USB cable. Also, I've turned the phone off before every time I've charged it.
    Yes it is a very slow charging phone it takes long time to get full charge.
    12-21-08 10:42 AM
    I have not noticed this on my Storm. It seems to charge as fast as any other phone I have had. You might want to head to the Verizon store and get a replacement battery.
    12-21-08 10:48 AM
    I have not noticed this on my Storm. It seems to charge as fast as any other phone I have had. You might want to head to the Verizon store and get a replacement battery.
    I agree! Off my phone takes 2 hours and on my phone takes 4 hours. Either way they last a full day and usually at 40 percent by the time i charge at every night.
    12-21-08 10:52 AM
    no problems here...1-2 hours approx. for full charge
    12-21-08 10:53 AM
    Mine is the same way. I charged it for 9 hours last night and it just stops at 95%

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 10:53 AM
    mine decides for itself whether it wants to take long or not. i always charge it with it on and usually do it when the battery is indicating low. Once it took 4.5-5 hours to fully charge and for the lightning bolt to disappear. And my most recent charge, i drained it down to where the battery symbol was blinking red, took 10-11 hours. plugged it in around 7:30pm and around 7am the next day, the lightning bolt was still there. a few minutes later i checked and it was finally gone.
    12-21-08 10:57 AM
    i have the same problem...

changed my battery and it still happens...

yet another B - U - G
    12-21-08 11:01 AM
    i have the same problem...

changed my battery and it still happens...

yet another B - U - G

Cant be a bug if doesnt happen to everyone....atleast i dont think so.
    12-21-08 11:10 AM
    Cant be a bug if doesnt happen to everyone....atleast i dont think so.
    Doesn't have to happen to every single unit to be a bug.
    12-21-08 11:32 AM
    Mine charges great on the wall charger and car charger but doesn't seem to charge at all from he USB. It says that it is charging via the lightning bolt icon but the charge is actually less after eight hours of "charging".
    12-21-08 11:58 AM
    Doesn't have to happen to every single unit to be a bug.
    then its a productions error?
    12-21-08 12:02 PM
    then its a productions error?
    From what I just read in another thread, it seems to be an issue tied to the .75 update...
    12-21-08 12:08 PM
    my battery works great and charges fast my suggestion if you can't figure out the problem just put up with the longer charging time because if you replace it you might get a horrible battery in return and its not worth the hassle just my opinion good luck
    12-21-08 12:15 PM
    my battery works great and charges fast my suggestion if you can't figure out the problem just put up with the longer charging time because if you replace it you might get a horrible battery in return and its not worth the hassle just my opinion good luck
    Thats my fear! I just ordered a replacement for other reasons, but my current storm works PERFECT! No click issue, bat issues, or any other problems. Im afraid imma get a f'd up one and be in the same boat as some of you guys
    12-21-08 12:43 PM
    I have noticed on mine that the battery "meter" is not consistent with the battery level when you check it in Options > Status. example: I have 4.5 bars which would be about 90% but the Status reads 80%. Just food for thought.

I get good battery life running .85
    01-03-09 09:14 AM
    I have noticed on mine that the battery "meter" is not consistent with the battery level when you check it in Options > Status. example: I have 4.5 bars which would be about 90% but the Status reads 80%. Just food for thought.

I get good battery life running .85
    Mine is the same way running .85. I get good battery life but it’s not to accurate, as I type this the status bar shows 100% with the bolt still showing, but in status it says 90%. Also, I don’t think the thunder bolt is just a .75 thing though because mine is the same, it seems to just stay stuck on 95% for a really long time, actually I’ve never seen the bolt go away since I’ve had the phone. I figure 95% is good enough for me to get through the day.
    Last edited by SamVJr; 01-03-09 at 09:30 AM.
    01-03-09 09:25 AM
    I've been reading through the threads here and people seem to be saying that the phone isn't completely charged until the green light stays on solid or the lightning bolt goes away. Anyway, I just got the Storm about a week ago. The first time I charged it it was at about 30% and took around 20 hours off before the light turned solid.

I charged it the second time when the battery was at 10% and turned it off again. The phone has been charging for 40 hours and it still isn't giving the fully charged notification. I've been turning it on about once every 2 hours to make sure I don't have any messages that need checked, then turn it off again. When I go into the status, it shows 100% but like I said, the lightning bolt is still there when on and it is still flashing when off.

I was just wondering what you guys thought about this. Thanks.

Edit: Oh yea, and I'm running .75
    Last edited by Dasle; 01-05-09 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Included OS Version
    01-05-09 01:40 PM
    I have 2 questions about charging:

1. Does it matter if I charge my Storm with it powered off or on? Is there a difference? I was always told it's best to turn a phone off while charging.

2. Does it hurt to charge it at night while I'm sleeping? Say it charges for 6 or 7 hours. Will this damage the phone or battery? The reason I ask is my first Storm the light would blink while charging and then the light would be solid when I woke up. My replacement doesn't do this. It blinks while charging but never turns solid. Thanks in advance!

I'm running official .75 OS
    Made in Mexico
    01-07-09 03:46 AM
    Charged my storm for 26 hours and still had the little lightning bolt, and status said batt was 95% so I tried something, I pulled the battery with it still plugged in and put it back let it boot up and bingo, lightning bolt gone and status reported 100%...huh, who'd thunk it eh
    01-07-09 10:35 PM
    I have 2 questions about charging:

1. Does it matter if I charge my Storm with it powered off or on? Is there a difference? I was always told it's best to turn a phone off while charging.

2. Does it hurt to charge it at night while I'm sleeping? Say it charges for 6 or 7 hours. Will this damage the phone or battery? The reason I ask is my first Storm the light would blink while charging and then the light would be solid when I woke up. My replacement doesn't do this. It blinks while charging but never turns solid. Thanks in advance!

I'm running official .75 OS
    Made in Mexico
    From reading other posts on the subject, most believe:

1. It doesn't matter.
    2. It doesn't matter as long as you are using the OEM charger. Those using after-market cheap chargers have had some problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD