Ok here's my ?. Is it cdma too? Cuz I was thinking I have a spare pearl that might get wasted if the imei and pin can be swapped. And yes I know they say your not allowed to do that but I have been told I paid full price I can do it if I choose to. They just won't cover it under any warranty. Hey that's fine. I was told all that ineeded was the sprint data out of the pearl which is just the imei, msi, and pin. That is all the network looks for. He said the phone would show up as a pearl or unknown but would work as long as its cdma.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 07:44 PM
    Not sure what your asking but the storm has both gsm and cdma signals.

12-12-08 07:46 PM
    Verizon is a CDMA network, so ALL Verizon phones will be CDMA based. The Storm is just one of about 3 phones that also has GSM abilities.
    12-12-08 07:54 PM
    Storm is CDMA and GSM. Not sure what you were asking other than that.

12-12-08 10:02 PM
    Storm is CDMA and GSM. Not sure what you were asking other than that.

I think your asking if you can use the imei and pin from your pearl on the storm..

no you cant the pin is hard coded in the device..

as far as the imei I don't think you could hack it..

you may beable to do a device switch on the website..

or something but transferring the imei and pin from one blackberry to another isn't going to happen..
    12-12-08 10:08 PM
    Yes it is coded, but I have been told it can be rewriten. But it has to be done by someone who has that ability. Its been a while but I did see a sprint phone in another level of programming that has more data you can change than the msl gives you. And it was hooked to a pc running some kind of software to access it. I just thought it would be fun to buy one and see if I could do it or not.

12-12-08 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD