Let's say that icon does have something to do with this phone having Wi-Fi, this could easily be the Thunder and not the Storm Verizon is getting right? I didn't have audio for the video since I'm at work so I dunno if it would help with answering my question.
    He said Thunder but he seemed unsure what exactly to call it.
    Last edited by skyys; 09-10-08 at 03:33 AM.
    09-10-08 03:30 AM
    The more I look at that symbol there more I'm convinced it's wifi..
    As a bold owner I can tell you that that icon takes you to "Manage Connections" which on the bold has the following:

Turn All Connections Off(On)
    ------------------------------
    [√] Mobile Network (network$)
    [ ] Wi-Fi
    [ ] Bluetooth
    Services Status
    Set Up Wi-Fi Network
    Set Up Bluetooth
    Mobile Network Options
    Wi-Fi Options
    Bluetooth Options
    09-10-08 03:55 AM
    I'm excited, the guy reviewing it wasn't debbie downer for me. i'm still stoked and hope its mentioned today at teh show!
    09-10-08 04:15 AM
    I just hope that we get a video from RIM or Verizon showing off that phone because that "ninja" is a ****** bag
    09-10-08 05:20 AM
    Damn time change, it's 7 in the morning on the east coast but 346 here in CA. Listen, I can't say a whole lot but I will say this, that guy is a Mobile QA Engineer for Yahoo and the only device he would need is a early working eval unit. Second, this ***** also said the Touch Pro has a 2mega-pix camera when it says on the back it's a 3.2mega-pix. I believe that says enough. But there will be some who do not like the device, and that's fine. You can't expect everyone will. Also, until that gold code is on the device, well it doesn't really matter.

Edit: also, remember tale of the accelerometer being faulty, and I disagreed? It look fine to me.
    Edit2: Also, the icon is the manage connection icon, and make the screen larger, and you can make out what kind of network it's on.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 09-10-08 at 06:02 AM.
    09-10-08 05:52 AM
    I'm not basing anything on a poor review of a device we do not know which version it is, could easily be an early version with bugs that all could have been sorted out by now. Its only his opinion (which is fair enough) but will make up my own mind once i actually see it in the flesh.
    09-10-08 06:21 AM
    Let's say that icon does have something to do with this phone having Wi-Fi, this could easily be the Thunder and not the Storm Verizon is getting right? I didn't have audio for the video since I'm at work so I dunno if it would help with answering my question.
    it says evdo on the top right, its a verizon phone.
    09-10-08 06:43 AM
    It's somewhat what I expected, although not quite as polished. After all, currently on a Blackberry you scroll over an icon and it tells you what it is, then you click the Pearl to select it. Seems to be the same thing on the Storm, you touch it to highlight the item then push to select. The only item of concern is the scrolling, if you can't flick the screen like an iPhone I think they're in trouble.

EDIT: It did seem to take a little bit long to reorient the screen when he rotated it.
    Last edited by BigVDawgy; 09-10-08 at 07:23 AM.
    09-10-08 07:21 AM
    And as far as Mr.Dip-sh** aka. ninjabrew, not liking the actual function of the touch, well, I'm sure not everyone will like it. I on the other hand do, and think it's GENIUS! No accidentally touching the screen and doing something you don't want to. It's like using a "REAL" keyboard. You can see the touch is VERY RESPONSIVE(contrary to BG's report). You can't believe everything you hear. As far as how the 95xx functions, if you don't like the actual push-in(haptic) function, then don't get the device. I myself like it, and think it was a wonderful addition to the device. I have a lot more thoughts, but have to clear what can be said. I saw Mr.Dip last night and knew this was coming, hence my everything will be okcomment. Doubt it's over.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 09-10-08 at 07:27 AM.
    09-10-08 07:23 AM
    Oh man...I dont know what to think about this. Crucial, your words are comforting, but I dont know. It IS obvious that his build is early because of the whole "keyboard changing" thing, but I hope I am not disappointed. It seems like something he said about the keyboard was cut out, though...
    09-10-08 07:27 AM
    Here is what I posted on the BGR page:

I think it looks half-way decent. No way to make a judgment on the whether the keyboard press is a plus or minus until you have it in hand. Also, the dude is a jackass for saying if you press to hard you may break the screen. Maybe for an ***** like himself that may happen, but I think most users should be able to refrain from breaking the screen. For an early prototype, I am still intrigued. If a lot a people are turned off by this, it will be that much easier to get on launch day.
    09-10-08 07:38 AM
    And as far as Mr.Dip-sh** aka. ninjabrew, not liking the actual function of the touch, well, I'm sure not everyone will like it. I on the other hand do, and think it's GENIUS! No accidentally touching the screen and doing something you don't want to. It's like using a "REAL" keyboard. You can see the touch is VERY RESPONSIVE(contrary to BG's report). You can't believe everything you hear. As far as how the 95xx functions, if you don't like the actual push-in(haptic) function, then don't get the device. I myself like it, and think it was a wonderful addition to the device. I have a lot more thoughts, but have to clear what can be said. I saw Mr.Dip last night and knew this was coming, hence my everything will be okcomment. Doubt it's over.
    The phone looks to combine resistive and capacitive capabilities just as promised. I'm actually stoked that it lets you touch then click. It's the execution of the scrolling that worries me. If you can just touch it, you should be able to flick it like on an iPhone to get to the next page. I'm holding back final judgement until we see Crackberry Kevin do a real review

@Crucial
    I hope this sends a signal to RIM that they need to do some damage control and get some info out to us Fanboys before too many prematurely jump ship.
    09-10-08 07:38 AM
    I really think that "pushing" the screen is going to be a good think in the long run. I have tried typing on other devices that are touchscreen only (iPhone, LG Dare) and the screen is so sensitive that i would hit letters that I did not mean to. So actually having to "push" a letter to select it will be nice.

The other concern I have is the ability to type quickly like I can now with my Curve.
    09-10-08 07:39 AM
    It's the execution of the scrolling that worries me. If you can just touch it, you should be able to flick it like on an iPhone to get to the next page. I'm holding back final judgement until we see Crackberry Kevin do a real review

@Crucial
    I hope this sends a signal to RIM that they need to do some damage control and get some info out to us Fanboys before too many prematurely jump ship.
    Ditto...the scrolling kind of worries me. If you have to click, and then flick your finger...thats dumb. Apparently Kevin is working on getting us his own video.

I agree, RIM should definitely get on this. They need to show us that the phone does not suck...and they better do it fast.
    09-10-08 07:42 AM
    Oh man...I dont know what to think about this. Crucial, your words are comforting, but I dont know. It IS obvious that his build is early because of the whole "keyboard changing" thing, but I hope I am not disappointed. It seems like something he said about the keyboard was cut out, though...
    @Stang
    It doesn't look bad, think about it, if it responds to a touch and a push you have the potential for it to react just like an iPhone with an improvement to the tactile feedback of selecting an item. No matter what happens it seems like the hardware is right on, it's how they do the execution of interface software, and that can always be improved.

If you can pinch and spread web pages and flick to scroll like an iPhone and then push click to select something that is highlighted they could really have a gem on their hands.

I'm still getting this either way and doubt I will be dissapointed.
    09-10-08 07:45 AM
    Thank you for all of the clarification!! This thread was absolutely useless and full of uneducated speculation until you spoke up and cleared things up!!
    09-10-08 07:47 AM
    woke up to this!!!!!

~Humm I am not sure if I like how this touchscreen is working, wish we would have heard about wifi, and mulitouch, and then browser
    Last edited by el_diablo; 09-10-08 at 07:49 AM.
    09-10-08 07:47 AM
    woke up to this!!!!!

~Humm I am not sure if I like how this touchscreen is working, wish we would have heard about wifi, and mulitouch, and then browser
    Thats the thing. I feel like the build that this guy has is old and doesnt even feature some of those things. He couldnt show them to us.
    09-10-08 07:52 AM
    Wow...I don't know what to say about this one

This video definitely brings confusion. I am more incline to believe what Crucial says though (RIM should really thank you). I think for a lot of us, because of the positive words you have spoken, seeing this video doesn't immediately make some of us jump ship. I really hope that we see something today or tomorrow from RIM and/or VZW.

And I do agree with a lot of folks. I do believe it is an earlier build, but for this to be the first leaked video, really does not do the phone any justice, I am sure....
    09-10-08 07:53 AM
    My guess is that it is an earlier build, because we saw that same grey scaled keyboard earlier, at least it looks like we might have wifi. My only thing is, will the "clicking" noise be that loud, otherwise how would I text in class!
    09-10-08 07:55 AM
    Ok, after viewing the video in high quality, I am quite impressed with having to "push" on a button. That will limit a lot of mistakes. I personally NEVER had a problem typing on my iphone and could type as fast, if not faster as I could on my curve. If you haven't seen in the high quality video, go do it and view it full screen...
    09-10-08 08:01 AM
    well the phone looks good but the guy must have THE most annoying f**king voice i have ever heard!
    09-10-08 08:14 AM
    This is definitely the "Storm" you can see thats it's running on the VZW network and on the device you can see the V icon for V-Cast also. I don't know why you guys are talking about jumping ship and all over this video from a guy who put days ago that he hates Blackberry in his blog. He is biased. BUT, this device isn't far off from what you're going to get in stores. The keyboard kick a$ $ IMHO, and is better than any other out there touch wise. This device like other Blackberry's isn't for everyone. You will either like it or not, but I can say that this wasn't the newest OS. Ok, I'm done in here, I've said my peace. Just remember this is RIM not Apple or any other manufacturer.
    09-10-08 08:17 AM
    This is definitely the "Storm" you can see thats it's running on the VZW network and on the device you can see the V icon for V-Cast also. I don't know why you guys are talking about jumping ship and all over this video from a guy who put days ago that he hates Blackberry in his blog. He is biased. BUT, this device isn't far off from what you're going to get in stores. The keyboard kick a$ $ IMHO, and is better than any other out there touch wise. This device like other Blackberry's isn't for everyone. You will either like it or not, but I can say that this wasn't the newest OS. Ok, I'm done in here, I've said my peace. Just remember this is RIM not Apple or any other manufacturer.

Hope is alive as you state it's not the newest OS. If people compare this video to the Iphone I think 99% of people deciding between the two would take apple just based on this video which they should not do. But let's just wait and hope and see what the final OS looks like then judge.
    Last edited by Super Bling; 09-10-08 at 08:36 AM.
    09-10-08 08:25 AM
    @Crucial

I agree...when I mentioned jumping ship, I was referring to getting a bold or a javelin. I was considering switching to VZW for this phone...
    09-10-08 08:30 AM
170 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD