Last edited by trini_pirate; 09-10-08 at 07:55 PM. Reason: new URL
    09-10-08 12:18 AM
    so this guy is complaining that they gave it haptic feedback? I thought the whole point of the device was the fact that RIM wanted you to feel like you were pressing a key?
    09-10-08 12:23 AM
    so this guy is complaining that they gave it haptic feedback? I thought the whole point of the device was the fact that RIM wanted you to feel like you were pressing a key?
    maybe its not as respondent as is should be (yet). It sure didn't look so.
    09-10-08 12:25 AM
    damn!!... that thing looks exciting
    09-10-08 12:26 AM
    So he doesn't like the 4 buttons and the screen. I'm still stoked. Good find!
    09-10-08 12:27 AM
    I don't understand how people like this can get the device. Why not someone who is actually interested in the device and can actually give quality feedback about features and functions be able to get a hold of the phone.
    09-10-08 12:30 AM
    I'm actually waiting for Crucial to post. I'm interested in what he has to say about this video.
    09-10-08 12:33 AM
    I'm actually waiting for Crucial to post. I'm interested in what he has to say about this video.
    I totally agree... but will that affect his position(job wise) in any way? the "brew ninja" was totally boring... least he could do was go more in depth
    09-10-08 12:35 AM
    crucial is the ninja =p
    09-10-08 12:35 AM
    I don't think that Crucial and 0mie and some other insiders would tell us that we will not be disappointed in the Storm if it didn't have any truth to it. My guess, this guy who released the video is either biased against blackberry or he has an earlier model of the blackberry that didn't have all the kinks taken care of... I don't know, that's just my thought!
    09-10-08 12:36 AM
    I wish somebody would show what the browser looks like.
    09-10-08 12:39 AM
    I just want crucial's input about the scrolling that the ninja is complaining about. He shows that the screen senses your finger even if you don't push down on the screen. Do you have to push down on the screen and then move your finger to scroll or can you glide your finger and scroll without actually pushing on the screen.

And also if it is possible to control or customize whether or not the screen needs to click down or can just be touched without pushing down to perform certain functions.

Or am I just misunderstanding how the ninja is describing the scrolling?
    Last edited by skyys; 09-10-08 at 12:48 AM.
    09-10-08 12:40 AM
    I actually think that having to "push" the screen seems like a cool idea. I don't see why he wouldn't like that.

He just seemed to complain about everything in that video, even on the other phones.

I'm grateful he posted the video, but it was a big let down. You'd think someone leaking a video of the storm would kinda dedicate the video to the Storm and actually make it a bit more in depth.
    09-10-08 12:40 AM
    My guess, this guy who released the video is either biased against blackberry or he has an earlier model of the blackberry that didn't have all the kinks taken care of... I don't know, that's just my thought!
    Well, maybe he just prefers a more traditional touchscreen! I mean, there are an awful lot of die hard BlackBerry users who wouldn't dream of getting this phone because it doesn't have a physical keyboard, so I'm sure the same will hold true of the screen.
    09-10-08 12:44 AM
    Regarding the look of the keyboard screen.

I noticed that when he first shows us that you have to "push" the screen and then it goes to the keyboard screen, well for a second it seems to show much nicer looking buttons (more glossy and fitting to the rest of the UI), then it quickly changes to those dull gray buttons.
    09-10-08 12:45 AM
    I would bet you anything that phone was locked up and that's why this guy did not go into depth- only makes sense. There is a reason why he didn't show the browser or anything. I like the look- a little generic but cool none the less and its a blackberry. I will be selling my iphone as soon as that thing either comes to the t-mo or i can get one unlocked at a non outrageous price.
    Last edited by allenstu; 09-10-08 at 12:52 AM.
    09-10-08 12:47 AM
    why did we start this thread... i was thinking the Official cannot wait for blah blah was the all thing storm waiting thread
    09-10-08 12:56 AM
    I would bet you anything that phone was locked up and that's why this guy did not go into depth- only makes sense. There is a reason why he didn't show the browser or anything. I like the look- a little generic but cool none the less and its a blackberry. I will be selling my iphone as soon as that thing either comes to the t-mo or i can get one unlocked at a non outrageous price.
    Unlocked??? This is a cdma device.... Well, at least its rumoured to be..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 12:58 AM
    Unlocked??? This is a cdma device.... Well, at least its rumoured to be..

Yes Jen rumored but just like crucial has been agreeing a GSM model is also being made so no way to the CDMA,possibly dumbed down verizon version. I want wifi and it seems no verizon blackberry phone's have that.
    Last edited by allenstu; 09-10-08 at 01:11 AM.
    09-10-08 01:04 AM
    True. All we can hope is that this device will break vzw's track recourd for blocking features. Time will tell....

09-10-08 01:13 AM
    something about that model he has there just screams "Not the Final Version" It seemed so buggy IMO. Really bad review, and it actually makes me want to really see it for myself even more. Bad Ninja!
    09-10-08 01:20 AM
    Not going to lie... that looked really disappointing. Hopefully it's a really early prototype.
    09-10-08 01:27 AM
    something about that model he has there just screams "Not the Final Version" It seemed so buggy IMO. Really bad review, and it actually makes me want to really see it for myself even more. Bad Ninja!
    Guaranteed it was a locked model and thats why the review was slim. You and i both know if the browser was working he would of shown it, good chance that was a early version.
    09-10-08 01:32 AM
    does anybody know how old this device may have been? Seemed really unpolished and not good. Supposed to be a World Edition phone from Verizon which means it can support a sim if need be but not completely sure about that. It just really seems like this guy had an old phone with the new update to the looks and not any of the main features.
    09-10-08 01:35 AM
    Did I see a wifi menu symbol at 3:06 of this video?
    09-10-08 01:50 AM
170 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD