Is there anyway to speed up the shuter speed on the Storms Camera? If I don't hold my phone perfectly still the picture comes out all blury. I am running .99 right now. As usual I imagine I will have to wait untill RIM fixes the problem. It looks like they have all kinds of stuff to fix on the Storm so far. But don't get me wrong my phone is running much better on .99. The Camera was my biggest selling point and it is crap so far.
    03-10-09 12:53 PM
    I have .109 and the camera is still very disappointing. I don't understand how it can suck so bad on the storm when my wife's cheap Krazer phone's camera works great. Hopefully RIM will improve this.
    03-10-09 12:59 PM
    Ya there is no use having a 3.2 MP camera when it does not even work properly.
    03-10-09 01:03 PM
    There is a setting to turn on image stablization - try that.
    03-10-09 01:14 PM
    Thanks, I tried that and it did not seem to help.
    03-10-09 01:19 PM
    No, the image stablization won't help when you have to tell the subject person to stand still for 5 seconds (or more) in order to take one stinking picture. Most people won't stay still for soooooo long. I stop using my Storm camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 01:19 PM
    It would be nice if you could turn off the sound of the shuter since it happens before the picture is taken. The sound happens then the picture is taken a second later. So of course as soon as the camera shuter sounds the person thinks the picture has been taken and moves.
    03-10-09 01:23 PM
    No, the image stablization won't help when you have to tell the subject person to stand still for 5 seconds (or more) in order to take one stinking picture. Most people won't stay still for soooooo long. I stop using my Storm camera.

Thats probably because you are using the .75 OS ... that OS is complete crap compared to .109. Taking pictures with Image stabilization is what its supposed to be.
    03-10-09 01:39 PM
    Did you try turning the Image Stablization off?? Thats what I did and my camera got tons faster! Esp. with OS .99

also IS is usually used for long exposure photo's....something I don't think most BB users are gonna use or need and if they are into that sort of thing, they will most likely have a nice camera to do that for them. But here is what image stablization is really about
    Image stabilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also the Auto Focus takes a minute, but that gets better with better OS's
    03-10-09 01:48 PM
    Thats probably because you are using the .75 OS ... that OS is complete crap compared to .109. Taking pictures with Image stabilization is what its supposed to be.
    May be so. I just have to wait and see when it is officially released. Meanwhile, I just carry my Canon PowerShot with 8 megapixel resolution which is small enough to fit in my pocket and take fantastic pictures. =)

03-10-09 01:58 PM
    I will try turning it off and see if that helps, thanks. I might just try puting the new os on and see if that helps. It just stresses me out doing, LOL. I am liking the .99 though.
    03-10-09 02:08 PM
    Is there anyway to speed up the shuter speed on the Storms Camera? If I don't hold my phone perfectly still the picture comes out all blury. I am running .99 right now. As usual I imagine I will have to wait untill RIM fixes the problem. It looks like they have all kinds of stuff to fix on the Storm so far. But don't get me wrong my phone is running much better on .99. The Camera was my biggest selling point and it is crap so far.
    What kind of lighting are you using? A lot of people forget that in lower lighting scenarios, the shutter speed has to slow down so enough light goes through the lens.
    03-10-09 02:12 PM
    It is still too slow. Just try getting your kids to be still long enough to snap a couple of pictures. By the time it clicks, whoops, they've moved again.
    03-10-09 02:21 PM
    .109 here. I took some pictures in bright light indoors, other then being slow to take the pictures it had some trouble focusing correctly.
    03-10-09 04:12 PM
    I turned off the Stabalization and took the Flash off Auto and put it on ON and the Camera seems a lot faster. When the the phone makes the sound of a Camera it actually was takeing the picture at the same time.
    03-10-09 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD