I had the same problem w/ my first Storm. backed up and wiped it twice... still never worked. I got fed up w/ it, walked into the VZW store, went to CS and said, "Hi, my camera isn't working." They said, "Let me give it to a tech." No lie, two minutes later, the lady walked out w/ a box and new phone saying they haven't seen that before. So yeah, didn't have to go through the insurance and $50 or anything. She just handed me the phone and i was on my way. You should try that.

Yeah unfortunately not insured anymore. I need a quick fix here
    Go to the store and talk to the person. A hardware issue isn't your fault, therefore insurance shouldn't matter. Try what i suggestted; just go to the store and tell them its not working, and hopefully they'll do to you what they did for me, and just hand you a new phone. Worth a shot.
    Last edited by MattD; 01-20-10 at 09:36 AM.
    01-20-10 09:32 AM
    Or use my stupid fix lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 09:37 AM
    Or use my stupid fix lol.

What? download programs and hope it works? Sounds promising. Because, even though it works now, mine would randomly work (like once every 2 weeks). Which is when i got fed up and went in.
    Last edited by MattD; 01-20-10 at 09:48 AM.
    01-20-10 09:46 AM
    Lol it did work Ty. When it comes to storm nothing makes sense so this fits right in there

01-20-10 09:48 AM
    Lol it did work Ty. When it comes to storm nothing makes sense so this fits right in there

Lol. Yeah, guess you're right on that! But ever since I got my new phone, no problems. But whatever, I guess a fix is a fix
    01-20-10 09:54 AM
    My storm is also having this issue. Battery pull usually fixes the issue but only for a short time. I will try wiping and reloading later to see if that helps. Still on my first storm 12-08 purchase date. Never any issues until now. Might be Weatherbug related as That is the only program I have changed in the past 4 months.
    01-25-10 07:21 AM
    I had the same problem w/ my first Storm. backed up and wiped it twice... still never worked. I got fed up w/ it, walked into the VZW store, went to CS and said, "Hi, my camera isn't working." They said, "Let me give it to a tech." No lie, two minutes later, the lady walked out w/ a box and new phone saying they haven't seen that before. So yeah, didn't have to go through the insurance and $50 or anything. She just handed me the phone and i was on my way. You should try that.

Go to the store and talk to the person. A hardware issue isn't your fault, therefore insurance shouldn't matter. Try what i suggestted; just go to the store and tell them its not working, and hopefully they'll do to you what they did for me, and just hand you a new phone. Worth a shot.
    Same thing happened to me last month. All of a sudden the camera stopped working. I dropped into a Verizon store, the tech examined the phone, and came back with a new Storm. They even unlocked it for me. On the other hand, they didn't transfer any of my contact info, so it was a good thing that I had completely backed up all the apps and contacts the day before. I'm happy to report that the new Storm is much nicer than the old one - I have the new style function keys.
    01-25-10 07:59 AM
    Could be a hardware problem try this:

Put some pressure on the phone with your thumbs on the camera lense and your index fingers holding the backside near your earpiece and LED light.
    A connection worked itself loose on my camera just a few days ago and this fixed it.
    There is another thread on this elsewhere too.

edit: I had the same error message you did and wipes and an OS upgrade did nothing to solve the issue until I tried the fix above
    thank you so much!!! it help!!just tried it and it work!!!
    love you so much!!!
    10-16-10 09:52 AM
    worked for me as well several times....
    10-17-10 01:26 PM
    I'm tired of reloading OS's. This may be the straw that broke the Storm owner's back....
    10-21-10 03:19 PM
    Was having same problem. Tried everything. Just took battery out for hundreth time and pushed on the lens, then smacked the phone real hard against my hand a few times, put the batery back in and now the camera works!!! I think it was the frustrated smacking that did it! Thanks.
    01-01-11 12:48 PM
    battery pull, removing the sim card and memory card then put back battery without the cards, reboot and uninstall expired applications which were downloaded for a period of time may resolve the problem. this is wgat i did to my bb storm 9530.
    03-03-11 09:33 AM
    Was having same problem. Tried everything. Just took battery out for hundreth time and pushed on the lens, then smacked the phone real hard against my hand a few times, put the batery back in and now the camera works!!! I think it was the frustrated smacking that did it! Thanks.
    OMG! this worked took out the battery and smacked the phone real hard against my hand a few times, put the batery back in

thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-11-12 06:56 PM
    i already wipe out my phone but still its not working and showing the caution !!!!!!!

close the other app and then try again !!!!!!!!

give me a better solution plzz

regards shank
    02-05-13 01:27 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD