So I walked into Verizon today for my 11th Storm 1 and was ticked off as always until I went to complain and the sales woman told me they got an email this morning saying to give out storm 2's for people having issues with storm 1's....FINALLY they did the right thing so now I sit here with my Storm 2 that didn't cost me a dime and didn't renew any contracts
    10-12-10 09:41 PM
    So I walked into Verizon today for my 11th Storm 1 and was ticked off as always until I went to complain and the sales woman told me they got an email this morning saying to give out storm 2's for people having issues with storm 1's....FINALLY they did the right thing so now I sit here with my Storm 2 that didn't cost me a dime and didn't renew any contracts
    Congrats. Welcome to 2009!
    10-13-10 11:33 AM
    and you still have a device that has been axed by VZW lol
    10-13-10 11:34 AM
    and you still have a device that has been axed by VZW lol
    why was that comment necessary?.....people still do the belittling thing to make themselves look better?...woooooow
    Innerchild likes this.
    10-13-10 11:53 AM
    Can anyone confirm or deny that every Verizon location is giving out Storm 2s for crumby storm 1s? I have to fight the urge to smash my Storm 1 in frustration everyday!

As for Howarmat he has over 8,300 posts, that's embarrassing enough... hopefully some of them are more useful than the above.
    10-13-10 12:41 PM
    lol too bad mine is unlocked on tmobile...though i did get a letter saying that my phone could be replaced, not by warranty standards but by replacement...you think Asurion would send me a s2?
    10-13-10 12:43 PM
    Omg really?
    So and u have to pay for change your device? Because they said after 1 year you have to pay 50 dollars so please how i can change my bb?
    I'm not joking at all. I have had my storm for over a year and refused to waste an upgrade on a storm 2 as its old tech as well with the 3 and OS 6 on the horizon. I went in like normal and they did a swap like always but this time they have me a 2 instead of a 1 and it didn't cost me a dime

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 04:29 PM
    i just spoke to the tech at the verizon store and he said that they are out of storm 1s in the store and warehouse so they will send me a storm 2. he also said the storm 3 was pushed into their diagnostic unit today. he expects it in the next 4-6 weeks... well see.
    10-13-10 06:38 PM
    Storm2 on the way!
    10-13-10 09:52 PM
    That kinda stinks, I hated my storm 1. It ran the best I could get it too, but something would glitch up like my screen not responding to touch anymore, my back button not working on another. I was on my 5th or 6th storm I believe. After so much disappointmen I canceled the Verizon account and switched to get the torch. I should have waited another month then lol. I like the torch, but I do miss surepress and it would have saved me money. After the cancellation fee, first months att bill and price of the phone, I shoulda bought it outright and stayed with Verizon where at least where I live the service is better

10-13-10 10:05 PM
    I must have gotten lucky I'm still on my first storm with no issues
    10-14-10 08:50 AM
    me too, makes me wanna brick mine and get a 2..but I wont, I will go till this one dies, and get a lte phone, and then sell this one....
    10-14-10 02:17 PM
    sorry bump. This is confirmed as of today... 3/7/11. My Storm 1 got nuked over the weekend... I took it into VZW and after he tried to talk me into an iP4 since i'm due and I refused, he said he would send me a storm 2 first thing as a replacement. No upgrade, no renewal.. SWEET.
    03-07-11 07:40 PM
    i just spoke to the tech at the verizon store and he said that they are out of storm 1s in the store and warehouse so they will send me a storm 2. he also said the storm 3 was pushed into their diagnostic unit today. he expects it in the next 4-6 weeks... well see.
    I know that this is an old post, but how are you liking that s3.

03-08-11 06:06 AM
    me too, makes me wanna brick mine and get a 2..but I wont, I will go till this one dies, and get a lte phone, and then sell this one....
    i don't think you are gonna get much for the S1 unless you go through RIM Trade up program. Verizon is offering $8.00 for a functional storm 1. ha. better off keeping it as a media player.
    03-08-11 09:36 AM
    sorry bump. This is confirmed as of today... 3/7/11. My Storm 1 got nuked over the weekend... I took it into VZW and after he tried to talk me into an iP4 since i'm due and I refused, he said he would send me a storm 2 first thing as a replacement. No upgrade, no renewal.. SWEET.
    I've had my storm since day 1 of release (November 2008). I've been starting to have problems for about a month now.. Even thought the phone is at full bars, if I talk on the phone for even 2 minutes, the battery gets drained and the phone keeps trying to restart itself. I can text all day without a problem but when it comes to talking on the phone, the thing is useless..

I did some research and it looks like it could possibly be the battery but I don't want to spend $30 on something that I'll be tossing in a couple of months (waiting for the 2nd gen iphone 4). I'm thinking about doing a software update because I think that could be causing the phone to drain the battery.

Do you think verizon would swap me out a storm 2 for free? or do you think they will tell me to get lost?
    03-10-11 07:19 PM
    My local Verizon store doesn't do replacements and I must call Verizon for that...is it confirmed they will send me a storm 2 over the phone too?

03-16-11 10:22 PM
    Same here...I'm reading all these complaints and wondering if my expectations are lower or if I just really got a decent phone.
    03-17-11 10:10 AM
    I had my storm 1 from launch date for 2 years with no issues but I got them to send me a new one a few months ago primarily BC of scratches on the phone I wanted to get rid of

03-17-11 10:25 AM
    I had my storm 1 from launch date for 2 years with no issues but I got them to send me a new one a few months ago primarily BC of scratches on the phone I wanted to get rid of

I've had mine since launch date as well, but I haven't had any problems until now.. I upgraded the OS and everything, my storm is stock.. Still shuts down continuously and freezes.

When you called verizon, did they issue you a new one even though it has been over a 1 (factory warranty). I know these things don't last a lifetime but **** for the amount of money we are paying for these phones, they should at least last the full 2 years.. I don't want to waste my upgrade on any of the devices that's out right now. Want to wait till a decent LTE or 4G phone comes out..
    03-19-11 12:09 AM
    I have insurance in it so I just used that but chalked it up as hardware failure and didn't pay them anything for a new phone (except the 5 dollars a month but that is must have for me). I had the same problem as u with the random roboots mine would get stuck in a loop of reboots and would never turn on! Turns out it was the battery so I bought a new one and havent had a problem since.

03-19-11 12:51 AM
    Me too... mine is 2 years old this month and works great. It still has the same screen shield the VZW guy put on it when I bought it. Just hope it continues to work as well until the S3 arrives in a few months.
    03-20-11 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD