I dont have the browser app on my menu is there any way i can get it? also im using an unlocked storm under t-mobile.
    11-26-08 09:12 AM
    Try:

Options
    Advanced Options
    Host Routing Table
    Menu
    Register Now

Have you send service books? Do you have a data plan?
    11-26-08 09:17 AM
    yeah tried that and still nothing
    11-26-08 09:19 AM
    There has been a huge debate among unlocked Storms on which carriers service books will work or not work. Could be the issue
    11-26-08 09:22 AM
    Also check to see if it's 'hidden.' Menu-Show All
    11-26-08 09:24 AM
    The icon may have been accidentally marked to be hidden. From the BB Menu button, see if it has an option to "show all". Then if the Browser icon shows up, touch it (no click), press the BB Menu button and remove the "hide" option.
    11-26-08 09:27 AM
    I cant remember where or in what forum I saw this in, but I want to say I remember reading that you can hook your previous blackberry up the the BB desktop manager, make a backup of the service books and your information, swap the sim card to the new phone and then use the desktop manager to install the previous backed up information (which will have the TMO service books) to your Storm.

Or something along those lines....I'm not 100% positive of the process that was explained but there is a post in the forums that talks about doing this.
    11-26-08 10:13 AM
    its my understanding that its pointless unlocking a storm because theirs no way to retrieve service books
    12-01-08 04:48 PM
    weird... when I first got my Storm it took an hour or so for it to appear... along with the instant messenger folder also.. I guess the whole internet thing needed a second to kick in. Do you have the instant messenger folder?
    12-03-08 11:41 AM
    its my understanding that its pointless unlocking a storm because theirs no way to retrieve service books
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...m-95xx-107154/
    12-03-08 11:43 AM
    I had the same problem with my BB Storm. Called Verizon and tech walked me through it in about 45 seconds. Browser showed up and my emails started coming in immediately.
    12-05-08 01:23 PM
    I don't know about using an unlocked device, however you can go through the following steps: Menu/Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/Menu/Register Now/OK. This will register your device on the VZW network. As long as you have the correct PIN/ESN combo in the BIS you should be fine. You can always send the service books again if needed.
    12-05-08 09:57 PM
    Service books are key for this process, it provisions your device to everything its capable of doing, IE internet, email, voice, all the way down to sms.
    12-08-08 01:44 AM
    the disappearing browser icon....simply drives me crazy and has been happening since my 7130e.
    12-10-08 05:45 PM
    I cant remember where or in what forum I saw this in, but I want to say I remember reading that you can hook your previous blackberry up the the BB desktop manager, make a backup of the service books and your information, swap the sim card to the new phone and then use the desktop manager to install the previous backed up information (which will have the TMO service books) to your Storm.

Or something along those lines....I'm not 100% positive of the process that was explained but there is a post in the forums that talks about doing this.

still confuses me why people would intentionally put a Storm on an inferior network, the device only runs efficiently when it has the support it needs, and VZW has always supported BB better than anyone else....hence why VZW got the Storm and not a flip top pearl or a spruced up Curve (bold ).
    12-10-08 05:48 PM
    Blackberry family, i cannot get two of my favorite websites to work on my Storm. They worked as fine as the Blackberry browser can do on my 8830 (Verizon). Unfortunately, the Storms browser absolutely WILL NOT work with these sites currently.

big blue wrecking crew dot com
    and Big Blue Interactive dot com

The error I receive is that the storm cannot render the site... and just conks out.

Can anyone else try these sites to see if they work? or have any information as to why I cannot get them to work on the storm but they worked fine on 8830.
    12-10-08 06:23 PM
    Hey. Just checked both sites for you on my Storm & both came up. No lag time or glitches.

palladino72
    12-11-08 02:28 PM
    Check you browser options and try changing it from Blackberry to Internet Explorer of Firefox
    12-14-08 12:54 PM
    still confuses me why people would intentionally put a Storm on an inferior network, the device only runs efficiently when it has the support it needs, and VZW has always supported BB better than anyone else....hence why VZW got the Storm and not a flip top pearl or a spruced up Curve (bold ).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because I have a contract for VZW's air card, and they will slap a 200 dollars fine on me for early termination, if I activate the Storm on VZW. And I have almost a whole year before that existing contract ends. That contract has the same data plan I would be using on the Storm, and that data plan costs me over 70 bucks a month. So, they already would make more money by the fact that I would add voice to the data plan, and I do not have time to use both. But nooooooo, they are GREEDY and want me to continue to pay for the air card even if I will not use it (or pay the termination fee), and charge me another set of charges for the Storm, of at least another 100 dollars per month, plus tax. So, don't get on your high horse about why I am not using the Storm on VZW, please. I am being forced by VZW to do it this way, using the unlocked GSM part of the phone (on an unlimited data and voice plan on T-Mobile for 40 bucks a month--only downside is having to change my number every month... this will only last till the aircard contract is over, of course).
    01-31-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD