Hi,

I have a Storm 9500 with Vodafone.

If I wasn't bald already I'd be tearing my hair out. I am really, really struggling to like my Storm. Nothing works on it.

I can't seem to run apps that I've downloaded. Any of them, Viigo, Flycast, Mobiola (disaster!!), Nobex, virtually anything.

I cant play any videos, even the ones that are supposed to be in the right format.

Mobile television (Vodafone Live) never works - spent money subscribing but always "errors playing".

I am being tempted to the dark side with an iPhone but am resisting.

I know this is a broad post but just wondered if anyone can recommend something, like a large polo mallet?!

Thanks
    06-17-09 05:28 AM
    Return it? It's obviously not working! Demand another one.
    06-17-09 05:40 AM
    I don't have trouble running Viigo but applications like FlyCast and Nobex have never worked. I have a feeling those are to do with the Vodafone network settings.

Have you tried ringing Vodafone's helpline and asking about these issues? They're usually very helpful with sorting out problems like this.
    06-17-09 05:49 AM
    If you've tried a battery pull, and if not then call system number (#228 for verizon in US but not sure where you are) and select "reprogram my phone" and these don't work.... Call customer service and ask for a replacement.
    06-17-09 05:50 AM
    I don't have trouble running Viigo but applications like FlyCast and Nobex have never worked. I have a feeling those are to do with the Vodafone network settings.

Have you tried ringing Vodafone's helpline and asking about these issues? They're usually very helpful with sorting out problems like this.
    Cheers but Vodafone Help = chocolate fire-guards!! From my experience anyways. Maybe I've been ulucky with the people I've spoken to!! I should go to a vodafone shop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 05:53 AM
    The Vodafone helpline number is 191, but you'll have to call it from your Storm :P

Here's hoping that won't mess up too!
    06-17-09 05:54 AM
    Cheers but Vodafone Help = chocolate fire-guards!! From my experience anyways. Maybe I've been ulucky with the people I've spoken to!! I should go to a vodafone shop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    They're normally quite good with issues surrounding network connections which is what I suspect this is.
    Well. The people I've talked to in the past anyway.

I've always found the shops to be less helpful, but again maybe that's just my experience.

Good luck at any rate, I'm sure this'll be resolved one way or another. I love my Storm
    06-17-09 05:56 AM
    What do you mean things just don't work? Be more specific
    06-17-09 05:59 AM
    Flycast and Nobex involve streaming, which Vodafone have restricted in the UK at least.

As for Viigo, it's not the quickest updating app in the world, I haven't used it in a while, simply because when it updates, it ties up the phone too much. Perhaps try using the Mippin shortcut app instead - far quicker to check news updates on.
    06-17-09 10:41 AM
    This may or may not help with all your applications, but regarding FlyCast, we have support set up for Vodafone users at our forums -linked in my signature below-

Vodafone has many restrictions setup for users, especially regarding streaming. Most likely to keep their network from getting bogged down. Check out our forums and you may get some answers you are looking for.

At the very least, maybe we can get FlyCast workin for you, hehe.
    06-17-09 12:15 PM
    One of the things I found when helping a friend who has a storm is making sure you don't have a bunch of apps open.
    Press and hold your BB button, Up comes a window showing what apps are running.
    The browser, BB messenger, Home screen, Phone, and messages will always be open.
    If there are more, click on them and close them by either pressing and holding the back button or pressing the bb button and selecting close.

The Storm doesn't have much application memory so if a lot of apps are running in the background, the phone will be slow.

Also as another post said, Do a battery pull about once a day.
    06-17-09 12:16 PM
    yh my flycast doent work, it keeps sayin app error reset handset. so i just uninstalled it
    06-17-09 10:47 PM
    hey llighor

what OS are you running? i had the same video issue whilst running the original OS (.78 i think) but since upgrading to .141 official (and now .151 leaked) that has resolved. Similarly my battery and memory seem to be better making my Stormie run much more smoothly! This may be the broad solution you are looking for? If you are unsure how to upgrade the OS, there's a guide on the VF forums for .141 official - and super guides here on CrackBerry

Viigo is slow anyway (but its also great so I put up with it), unfortunately I don't use any of the other apps you've mentioned so I can't suggest a solution there.

With regards to VF Live issues, I'd deffo ring 191 and have a word as that may be connection related?
    Last edited by TopCat84; 06-17-09 at 11:55 PM.
    06-17-09 11:52 PM
    Ultimate Storm Guide

This helped me immensely!
    06-17-09 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD