So im interested in buying a Storm...dont know why with all the problems I hear about the phone but still interested. Anyways my question is if I buy one now is it gonna run better then the first that came out? Meaning is there a better software or firmware upgrade that will be on the phone or is there some kind of upgrade i will have to get once I buy it? Thanks and im looking forward to any and all responces.
    07-14-09 06:45 PM
    Its a lot better with OS 151

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 06:51 PM
    Yes the phone is much better than when it came out. When(not if) you get your storm I would put .151 os and you will be set. So go ahead and get the phone.

07-14-09 06:52 PM
    It's much improved. But at the same time, we're not far off from the release of the Storm 2.
    07-14-09 06:52 PM
    So OS .151 ...is that something ill have to do at the strore or something I download from the computer the hook up my phone and put it on my phone? And im guessing Storm 2 may be out in Nov?
    07-14-09 06:57 PM
    Completely different phone then when it was first released with .65
    .148 which they come with now is a great software update and very smooth OS but .151 has been the best for me and many others...
    07-14-09 07:00 PM
    ok so .151 is the way to go...thanks. I know with my Moto Q I had to download the new OS from my computer ...now this will be my first Blackberry so is it the same process with pluging it into my computer and downloading it that way or something they do in a Verizon store?
    07-14-09 07:03 PM
    i love my storm. its single handedly the greatest phone i have ever owned. I cant go back to anything non touch screen, or non blackberry. **** buttons-they're overrated anyways.

I havent tried 151 yet-but i'm running the latest official update (148) and its lovely.
    07-14-09 08:12 PM
    ok so .151 is the way to go...thanks. I know with my Moto Q I had to download the new OS from my computer ...now this will be my first Blackberry so is it the same process with pluging it into my computer and downloading it that way or something they do in a Verizon store?
    The device will come with a CD for BB Desktop Manager. That's what you will use to update the OS, as well as backups, media management, etc.

I've got several users on them and have had no complaints. IMO, the virtual keyboard is the only issue
    07-14-09 08:16 PM
    Yeah I just bought my storm on saturday and I put .151 on it and have never been happier with a phone. Its much better then when it started.

07-14-09 09:06 PM
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder......what ever the **** that means.....but hope it helps.

07-14-09 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD