Yes, this seems totally screwy to me too and at first I thought it was a coincidence. Has anyone else noticed this? I was on a 8-day cycling tour a couple of weeks ago and I had my Storm safely tucked away in a case. When I would stop for a break, the keys were often unresponsive, requiring a reboot. When I got back home it was fine. Except I have now noticed that it is also unresponsive at home after I cycle on my trainer.

My theory is that my fingers are warm from working out and that's what is causing it. But it doesn't seem to self-correct after I cool down. Key are still unresponsive and I need to reboot.

This is no joke. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
    10-22-09 07:27 PM
    Just out of curiosity, do you have the screen lock on? I wonder if you're driving the accelerometers crazy with all the motion, if it isn't locked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 07:46 PM
    Sometimes but that's not it cuz when I'm on the trainer the Storm isn't on me and cycling doesn't have that much bouncing around (it's road riding).

When I made my original post I had just worked out. I set the Storm aside while I ate dinner and came back to find the keys responsive. Maybe it is heat or moisture from my fingers and I just haven't been waiting long enough. Strange.

10-22-09 07:57 PM
    When I work out, my storm acts up. It's especially true if my fingers are a little sweaty.
    10-22-09 09:24 PM
    I dont usually get it when i work out, but i usually lay it on a bench or something when im not using it and before i touch it i try to wipe my hands. I get this the most just from being outside. Im in Florida and it gets humid as all **** and sometimes just walking around outside, or going from an extremely air conditioned room to outside itll become unresposive. I would have to guess its just from moisture.
    10-23-09 12:05 AM
    i have the same problem with my storm. i live in florida too, and i'm pretty sure it's the humidity getting beneath the screen due to the gaps between the screen and the device. iphones don't seem to have this problem because there are no gaps.

that's what i think anyways. doing a battery pull seems to fix the issue. i wonder if they addressed the gap in the storm 2. anyone know?
    10-24-09 06:23 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/so...isodes-345313/

Try this trick, believe it or not it works great
    10-24-09 06:49 PM
    It's the humidity. I have the same prob when I'm on the treadmill. I just put it on the control platfrom and after a brief couple mins it's back to norm, no need for a battery pull.

10-24-09 08:17 PM
    I have a hard time believing the whole "humidity" thing. I live in Arizona, so obviously it doesn't get very humid here.

I work at the airport and after a flight and i've been running around, my storm's screen becomes unresponsive. I usually let it sit for a little while and it will go back to normal pretty quick-like. I'm thinking the excessive motion messing with the accelerometer makes more sense...
    10-24-09 11:34 PM
    Moisture makes the screen unresponsive I've noticed when ice gotten out the shower of my hands see still a little damp the screen goes all crazy and I can't use it.

10-25-09 10:07 AM
    i have the same problem with my storm. i live in florida too, and i'm pretty sure it's the humidity getting beneath the screen due to the gaps between the screen and the device. iphones don't seem to have this problem because there are no gaps.

that's what i think anyways. doing a battery pull seems to fix the issue. i wonder if they addressed the gap in the storm 2. anyone know?
    That doesn't make much sense. Moisture in the gaps of the screen is a hardware issue that wouldn't be solved by rebooting. Rebooting fixes software issues.
    10-25-09 11:03 AM
    Mine does the same thing when I golf. I use mine as my scorecard and when i walk i keep the phone in my pocket. Well it would usually become unresponsive after about hole 15... I bought a push cart and now I keep my phone in the compartment so it's no longer an issue
    10-25-09 05:56 PM
    it happens when i work out too, since i use mine as my mp3 player i've noticed it will get unresponsive. after i'm done it seems to work. i guess i'm really not all that worried about it though...
    10-25-09 10:56 PM
    when i work out, or when i just get out of the shower. im thinking it has to do with moisture content in your fingers. when you sweat or shower it has a hard time. {shrug}
    10-26-09 08:34 PM
    Wow, lots of people are showering with their phones. Interesting.
    10-26-09 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD