Having a major issue here: I have a long drive tomorrow and my phone isn't charging the battery. The most I can get it to charge up to is 2%, which is less than needed to use the radio, so no phone, no data, nothing.

Here's what happened: last night the phone was near dying, it was under 10% when I went to bed and put it on the charger. When I woke up this morning, it had a white screen with the battery charging symbol in the middle of it. Took it off the charger and tried to start it up, no luck. I turned it off, hooked it up again, and tried to get it to charge. Still nothing. I tried plugging it in to my car charger and was able to get it booted up (while plugged in), so I turned it off, left it plugged in for about 5 hours, came back, and it still was at 2% charge (my car does charge while the ignition is off btw).

So, what do you suppose I should do? I stopped by the Best Buy store this morning when it wasn't working at all and they told me they would have to ship it back to VZW, have them fix it, then I could get it back in 2-4 weeks. I need my phone to work TOMORROW since I'll be on such a long drive and don't want to be stranded somewhere. Unfortunately I paid more for the Best Buy insurance, thinking it was better than the VZW insurance, but apparently this is NOT the case. Any help would be much appreciated...
    04-13-09 04:04 PM
    This happens occasionally to me too, a battery pull does the trick
    04-13-09 04:14 PM
    This happens occasionally to me too, a battery pull does the trick
    I tried multiple battery pulls with no luck.

Strangely, however, was that I figured I'd give the battery pull another shot. I've had my phone connected to my laptop for a bit so I turned it on and it's showing a little bit more life! I'm hoping it keeps going, not sure what I did right/wrong, but seems to be on the right track now...

I'm still pretty pissed about Best Buy's insurance policy. WTF am I supposed to do without a phone for 2-4 weeks? I bought it because I was told it was better than VZW (and more expensive!), and that they would just replace the phone for free at the store. So when they started talking about this 2-4 weeks BS, it really pisses me off. Is there any way I can still get VZW insurance even though I've had my phone for a long time? Anyone else had this issue with Best Buy?
    04-13-09 04:20 PM
    Yes you should be able to add the Verizon Insurance right through your web browser on My account (at Verizon) or through a call 611.
    04-13-09 05:48 PM
    check your cable. mine was doing the same thing. i have a replacement charger and it is weak on the us plug end. if you can wiggle the plug gently and notice the battery charging icon go off an on then its the plug. mine had that same problem untill i swapped chargers. do you have any other charger or maybe the car adapter? try another charger and see if it does the same thing. that should tell you if it is your unit or the charger
    04-13-09 05:55 PM
    Best Buy PSP plans aren't all they are cut out to be. If you bought it through VZW they would have replaced it. Best Buy sends it back to the manufacturer. Too many extra steps.
    04-13-09 06:15 PM
    I have a problem that sometimes when i plug my storm in for the night ill wake up to it being at the same battery level that i left it at, like it didnt charge at all on the charger. A battery pull usually fixes the problem but its gotten pretty annoying
    04-13-09 07:06 PM
    whats happened if you connect it with your pc?
    04-13-09 07:13 PM
    It seemed to charge properly when I hooked it up to my computer. I'm going to check it out on the cradle tonight, haven't had any problems before but this is my office/travel charger, so I don't use it too often.

I'm going to check out adding VZW insurance to my phone...I want to cancel my BB insurance because obviously it is not anywhere near what I expected it to be. They typically are good with electronics, they usually just replace something if it's broken, but apparently it's different with phones. I wish they had explained this to me in the beginning instead of telling me to pay $5 more per month for insurance that is horrible compared to VZW insurance.
    04-13-09 08:45 PM
    You can usually add VZW's insurance thru Asurion only if you've had your phone less than 15 days.

Do you have the phone you used before your storm? You could put it on your line til your storm is fixed. Providing it's a VZW phone, that is ..
    04-13-09 10:20 PM
    I now suddenly developed a problem charging my Storm as well. I went down to the Verizon store and they replaced the battery, but I still can't get the phone to charge (using the wall AC adapter) above 15%. Have tried multiple battery pulls, plugging it into the PC, etc., but no luck. Running .141...anybody have a similar problem or solutions/suggestions? Thanks.
    05-25-09 02:13 PM
    I'm really getting annoyed with this problem... Mine says it's charging, goes into bedside mode and everything... charging icon is showing and yet, battery will not charge. it's completely random... sometimes it charges, sometimes it doesn't
    05-26-09 09:17 AM
    It could be a battery issue - short term solution, go to a VZ store and buy a new battery. Long term solution - charge the phone for a day in the WALL CHARGER (not car, not PC USB) and it will work. Then sell the battery on EBAY.
    05-26-09 09:30 AM
    I've similar problem. My Storm will not charge via the OEM wall charger or in the car, yet it charges fine when connected to a PC or to a cheap third-party AC unit. Strange.
    05-26-09 09:35 AM
    I have this same issue and I think it has to do with my dock/cradle. If I plug the charger directly to the phone, it charges fine. If I use the dock, it will usually just maintain a charge but not recharge. I see the lightning bolt but the battery stays at whatever percentage it was when I sit it on the dock. I can see the Meterberry logs show the battery stays at the same level.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 10:03 AM
    Well, after the above post, I got a new battery from VZW, and it still didn't charge, either with the wall charger or the CPU. So, I had a little time flying from NYC to DEN, and I decided to wipe the phone and reinstall .141 in the plane. Now at 100%, and it's charging every time, regardless of which type of charger I'm using. I don't think we should have to go through this crap simply to get the phone to work, but at least it's behaving for now...
    05-26-09 11:40 AM
    I have the same problem, i tried everything it will only charge via USB. but i know for a fact that it has to do with the OS, I start having this problem since .132 . a friend told me to do a clean wipe then reinstal will fix it. Lets HOPE!!
    05-28-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD