Have been using my Storm for a few weeks now, fired AT&T and put my iPhone in a drawer. Went from .75 to .141 and was pleased. One problem remains. Battery life has sucked since day one. My (First Gen) iPhone was waaay better in the battery life department.
    Toady has been an average day of usage so far. Got up, did a battery pull, put it back on the charger for another thirty minutes or so, unplugged it and left for work. So far I've used the phone for eighty-eight minutes of calls, sent one short e-mail, and read fifteen or twenty short e-mails sent to me. It's been off the charger since eight, and a little over six hours later it's at forty-five percent. Most of the time I'm charging it in the car on the way home at seven or eight because I'm down in the low to mid twenties on battery.

The only app. I run is visual voice mail. My backlight is set to fifty percent. I use the close command for everything (Nothing running in the background). Starting to think I need to get a second battery and another charger for the office.

Is this just normal life with the Storm???
    05-11-09 01:24 PM
    Phone is high usage. The 88 minutes could be cause. W/steady browser/games (high) & messages i use ~12%/hr.

Suggest u buy extra battery. Got one thru shopcrackberry.
    05-11-09 03:00 PM
    I've been using my browser pretty heavy today and lots of text messages and I'm at - 10% loss per hour. Usually with just txting or light browser use I drop like 5-6% an hour. I'm on .141/5.0 hybrid as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 03:05 PM
    I ended up buying an extra battery and a special charger for the extra batter so i could always have a full one...
    I have an iphone as well, and I know what you mean buy a better battery life...
    lets hope for a better storm like device soon.
    05-11-09 03:08 PM
    Its because its a 3G phone. It sucks up way more juice than 2G

05-11-09 03:36 PM
    speaking of .141, is there any way to get that on your phone if you have a Mac machine??

thanks!
    05-11-09 03:57 PM
    I have my brightness set to 50% as well and I changed the backlight time to 20 seconds... it has been off the charger for 9 hours with normal usage... email, txt, pix, browsing - no calls... I am at 80% battery life... I think the backlight time is a big one to conserve power.
    05-11-09 05:32 PM
    speaking of .141, is there any way to get that on your phone if you have a Mac machine??

thanks!
    yes, check the OS forums it's been discussed. Something about a windows emulator or something.
    05-11-09 05:35 PM
    I hated the orig battery...I could drain it in @8hrs so I bought one of the 2600 mha extended batteries and I LOVE it. It makes the back of the phone a lil bigger but lasts 4-5 days per charge.

05-11-09 05:50 PM
    My usage today is somewhat similar to yours (OP). Maybe 60 minutes of talk, similar e-mails and messages to you, not much browsing today and now after 8-9 hours off charger I am at 70% remaining but running on Bell's .122 OS. Oh...also one QuickPull reset to start the day.

I have lots of apps installed including Visual Voice Mail. My back light is at 40% and backlight time is 60 seconds.

I do make sure that my phone is not set to automatically search for GSM networks...only CDMA.

The lowest I have ever seen on battery is about 20% after a heavy day of use with lots of browsing, Google maps left open for extended time, and lots of app use and VZ Navigator use.
    05-11-09 06:52 PM
    where do you get the big battery from. aka 2600 mah
    05-11-09 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD