Is is just me or does the Storm battery drain quickly? I use it the same as my Pearl however the battery doesn't seem to make it through the day. I have not used it for voice since charging it this morning and it's almost dead. The Pearl would last all day on a single charge.
    10-22-09 06:16 PM
    The Storm is hard on battery. I'm pretty sure a lot of the new BB's are.

One of the things you can do is turn down your Backlight Brightness.
    Options > Screen/Keyboard > Backlight Brightness

You'd be surprised how far you can turn it down.
    10-22-09 06:50 PM
    Make sure it's selected to 1XEV and not Global too.

Options>Mobile Network
    10-22-09 06:59 PM
    Also in options, go to your network settings and make sure it's set to 1XEV...NOT to Global.

Signal strength in the area you're in can have a big impact. A poor signal causes a lot more searching for towers which drain the battery. Do a *228 option 2 to make sure you have the latest PRL (telling the phone where your closest towers are).

Bottom line is this big, beautiful screen drains a battery. Having said that, I get anywhere from 36 to 48 hours from a charge with pretty heavy usage.
    10-22-09 07:03 PM
    If you upgrade to a new OS, especially 230 or 323, which is undoubtedly the best OS out there, your battery life will increase DRAMATICALLY!

When I was on .148 my battery was the same way so I bought an extended battery off of ebay. It was much better. After upgrading OSs as they come out and now being on .230, my regular BB battery gives me as much as my extended battery gave me when I was on .148.
    10-22-09 07:05 PM
    Thank everyone for the tips. I decreased the brightness to 10, turned off the global setting and reset my towers.

I do not know how to change the OS. The information would be awesome.
    10-22-09 07:29 PM
    Also in options, go to your network settings and make sure it's set to 1XEV...NOT to Global.

Signal strength in the area you're in can have a big impact. A poor signal causes a lot more searching for towers which drain the battery. Do a *228 option 2 to make sure you have the latest PRL (telling the phone where your closest towers are).

Bottom line is this big, beautiful screen drains a battery. Having said that, I get anywhere from 36 to 48 hours from a charge with pretty heavy usage.
    Same here...the horror stories about the battery *almost* steered me away from this phone, but even with all the newbie play it held up, and with the .323 it's kickin tail.

A lot of people don't realize when they get a new toy and are constantly playing with it, the batteries will take a beating...then they conclude the battery life sucks...lol
    10-22-09 07:41 PM
    Same here...the horror stories about the battery *almost* steered me away from this phone, but even with all the newbie play it held up, and with the .323 it's kickin tail.

A lot of people don't realize when they get a new toy and are constantly playing with it, the batteries will take a beating...then they conclude the battery life sucks...lol
    How do I switch to .323?
    10-22-09 07:57 PM
    10-22-09 08:44 PM
    Make sure you turn off GPS when not using it
    10-22-09 09:30 PM
    Make sure you turn off GPS when not using it
    No don't worry about the GPS. It doesn't actually use much power at all when it's on. What uses power is when you use an application that uses the GPS.
    10-22-09 09:45 PM
    I went with the 2600 mah extended battery and never looked back or had the phone run out of juice ..
    10-22-09 09:47 PM
    I have had no issues with my battery.. I use it for Texting (30-40 daily), email (business and personal accounts pushed), Viigo (rss reader and news feeds), sometime I watch a video or two on youtube, I play Word Mole and Im usually on Facebook throughout the day. All I do is give it a full charge when I go to bed everynight, in fact I didnt charge it last night and it lasted until about 7 p.m today and then I had to charge it.

Im sorry you are having issues with yours.. make sure you close each app when you are finished. Another thing I have done is turned my screen brightness down all the way and I dont use vibrating notifications. Hope that helps...
    10-22-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD