I read all about the complaints people have with the storm and wonder what they bought it for? I bought mine in February on the telus network in Canada after researching for a little while. It didn't take much reading to realize that it wasn't the phone for the business person out there. I was looking for a phone that i could do endless email, web surfing and streaming with as well as use as my mp3 player and portable movie player. My obvious choices were Storm or Iphone! After using a friends Iphone alot and trying the storm out I chose the storm because of how much better I thought the display looked and how much cheaper data plans were for Blackberries compared to Iphones in Canada. I have been more than happy with my decision. The mp3 player works great for me, loading movies and watching them are very easy to do and look amazing. The web browsing was a liitle frustrating at first with how long it took to load pages but after a quick read on the crackberry forum I downloaded opera mini and it is incredibly faster than the BB browser. I actually tested it with a friends safari browser on his Iphone and they loaded sites like cnn and craigslist at the same speed. After a couple of freezes in the first three days it hasn't done it since. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that for what I wanted the Storm to do it is great. If you are looking for a great business phone I'd probably make a different choice but for pure pleasure I don't think you can go wrong with the storm!
    03-19-09 12:02 AM
    Erm, lol, what?
    03-19-09 12:04 AM
    I was expecting something more sexual...
    03-19-09 12:48 AM
    I'm glad to hear you are getting out of it for the purpose you intended.

However I have yet to see any merit to claims it doesn't function well as a business device. I can't think of anything other BBs can do that the storm can't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 01:38 AM
    03-19-09 01:40 AM
    While I agree with you that the music player on the Storm is great and that it easily matches up to the iPhone, I fail to see why the Storm wouldn't be a business device. It offers the same feature set as all other Blackberry devices. Typing might be an issue for some but usually not for long - it just takes a while to get used to the keyboard. Also, on a recent trip to the US, I've seen plenty of Storms that were in the hands of people who were clearly using them for business purposes.

I'd say a business phone is a phone that's used by businesses - and the Storm definitely is.
    03-19-09 01:44 AM
    I use the Storm for business purposes thanks to a 3rd party app. And with the shotgun app, I may mention...killin is my business ladies, and business...is...good.
    03-19-09 01:47 AM
    I read all about the complaints people have with the storm and wonder what they bought it for? I bought mine in February on the telus network in Canada after researching for a little while. It didn't take much reading to realize that it wasn't the phone for the business person out there. I was looking for a phone that i could do endless email, web surfing and streaming with as well as use as my mp3 player and portable movie player. My obvious choices were Storm or Iphone! After using a friends Iphone alot and trying the storm out I chose the storm because of how much better I thought the display looked and how much cheaper data plans were for Blackberries compared to Iphones in Canada. I have been more than happy with my decision. The mp3 player works great for me, loading movies and watching them are very easy to do and look amazing. The web browsing was a liitle frustrating at first with how long it took to load pages but after a quick read on the crackberry forum I downloaded opera mini and it is incredibly faster than the BB browser. I actually tested it with a friends safari browser on his Iphone and they loaded sites like cnn and craigslist at the same speed. After a couple of freezes in the first three days it hasn't done it since. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that for what I wanted the Storm to do it is great. If you are looking for a great business phone I'd probably make a different choice but for pure pleasure I don't think you can go wrong with the storm!
    kingstoncoyotes,

I have multiple lines and I understand where you're coming from with this post.

I've kept my main line (for calls and SMS) separate from my Storm, which I use for BBM, multimedia, apps, and web browsing.

I agree that the Storm can be used purely for fun. However, it can still be used as a business device because the Storm is still a BlackBerry after all.
    03-19-09 02:10 AM
    I recently picked up a Storm on my personal line for that very reason but with the more apps and time I put in to it I can see many ways where I would prefer to use it as my business phone(currently Curve).

The keyboard does have it's limitations in regards to speed for email but the more time I get with it the faster I learn to maneuver through the phone in the same way as when I first started using the Curve.
    03-19-09 02:18 AM
    Only business oriented peple us BB's anyway, i have never seen a CEO with a iphone. Only a BB. Lol.
    03-19-09 03:12 AM
    yeah don't worry about all the complaints you see and read on here.. i mean its a fourm, your suppose to see the complaints on them. But the millions of people who are not on this fourm probably love there phone to death, its just the 1% of people on here if who you see complaining about the storm.
    03-19-09 07:24 AM
    Hey, I say keep those complaints coming. That's how we learn valuable tips, tricks and practices for our wonderful Storms. Search the forums before asking, by all means -- but if you don't find the answer, then ask/complain away!
    03-19-09 07:47 AM
    tl;dr

I have a Curve supplied by my employer, which I use for all my business-related activities. It's quick and snappy, and for the purpose of typing emails, a full keyboard with actual buttons is the only way to go.

I LOVE the Storm for personal use. It's just an awesome piece of hardware, particularly with a newer leaked OS. I wish there were more apps for it, but I know those are coming in the near future. The Storm has actually replaced my hacked Playstation Portable as my favorite piece of technology. I can't wait to see what the future holds for the Storm.
    03-19-09 08:01 AM
    I use the Storm for business purposes thanks to a 3rd party app. And with the shotgun app, I may mention...killin is my business ladies, and business...is...good.
    Dude no way, I do the same thing... Sometimes when the target is close range and I don't want to make a big noise I use my lightsaber app and slice the person in half

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 09:17 AM
    I think the Storm is a good mix of business and pleasure. Certainly it is NOT for all, but it suits my needs nicely.
    03-19-09 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD