I was just informed that the storm is now available from Telus. I should be getting mine soon.

telusmobility.com/bc/pcs/handset_blackberry_9530.shtml
    12-10-08 01:12 PM
    Thanks for the info... a lot of people have posted about this today already.

Have you already ordered one? I heard that there is a HUGE shortage and that they are only giving them to new activation customers. THIS IS JUST WHAT I HEARD according to people on this site. Just wanted to give you a little heads up.
    12-10-08 01:17 PM
    New activation only

About 1500 storms canada wide

Many stores dont have phones

Phone is very laggy
    12-10-08 01:18 PM
    I hit three stores today Oshawa,Pickering & Scarborough...cannot purchase the Storm, new activations only WTF !!!
    12-10-08 01:21 PM
    What I'd like to know is what version of 4.7 is loaded on the Telus units?
    12-10-08 01:31 PM
    .76 is loaded
    12-10-08 01:31 PM
    Thanks for the info... a lot of people have posted about this today already.

Have you already ordered one? I heard that there is a HUGE shortage and that they are only giving them to new activation customers. THIS IS JUST WHAT I HEARD according to people on this site. Just wanted to give you a little heads up.
    I did a search over the first couple of pages and didn't see a post on it yet. Sorry for the double post. I couldn't see a way to delete my thread, so here it is.

I'm on the waiting list at 5 stores, hopefully I get one when stock arrives. I'll also hit a few stores to see what the situation is.
    12-10-08 01:32 PM
    I thought .76 fixed some of the lag problems???
    12-10-08 01:32 PM
    .76 is loaded
    Thanks. There was a rumor that the Telus units might have .78.
    12-10-08 01:34 PM
    I did a search over the first couple of pages and didn't see a post on it yet. Sorry for the double post. I couldn't see a way to delete my thread, so here it is.

I'm on the waiting list at 5 stores, hopefully I get one when stock arrives. I'll also hit a few stores to see what the situation is.
    Oh no not a problem! I just replied to give you a heads up on what I have heard from other people. Saying that people have posted it was just my way of telling you I was not completely making this up
    12-10-08 02:36 PM
    Just did a walk around downtown Vancouver, none available. I did see a guy getting one at Future Shop, but they only had 3 for the store and all were gone. I think I just missed out. Everyone is saying next order mid Jan Hopefully some of the vendors that have me on the waitlist get theirs over the next few days, but it's not looking good.
    12-10-08 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD