This is far removed from first hand knowledge, but a friend of a friend who lives in Boston claims he was at Verizon last night and they mentioned they were able to start selling the Storm today in store.

Does anyone live in that area and have possibly heard of this?

I will post more as soon as I find out.
    11-18-08 10:39 AM
    I went to the VZW store on washington st in downtown boston, and spoke with them. They said they weren't selling the phone until 7am friday. I asked if they had any in the back that I could touch and just see how it worked, and the girl smirked but said no.
    11-18-08 10:58 AM
    I went to the VZW store on washington st in downtown boston, and spoke with them. They said they weren't selling the phone until 7am friday. I asked if they had any in the back that I could touch and just see how it worked, and the girl smirked but said no.
    i was in there last week and asked if they have any lists...and to say the least...they didn't say no in a nice way.

i may try out boylston street instead. they have always been nicer (smaller store, less traffic/employees/nicer area)
    11-18-08 11:12 AM
    Deng I miss washington street! I miss boston period too, good luck to all you bostonians who is trying to get a storm on release day. Boston is a good city to live in for gadget freaks hands down. I moved out west to Tucson almost a month ago. Sorry for the off-topic ramble and one of my friends said the same thing as well. I know him for a good 4 years and he has worked with VZW for 3 years. So this is actual facts that mark and I are speaking.
    11-18-08 11:14 AM
    Deng I miss washington street! I miss boston period too, good luck to all you bostonians who is trying to get a storm on release day. Boston is a good city to live in for gadget freaks hands down. I moved out west to Tucson almost a month ago. Sorry for the off-topic ramble and one of my friends said the same thing as well. I know him for a good 4 years and he has worked with VZW for 3 years. So this is actual facts that mark and I are speaking.
    so you heard that its available early here too?

i may take a walk down the street today and just find out....but i doubt its true
    11-18-08 11:16 AM
    i was in there last week and asked if they have any lists...and to say the least...they didn't say no in a nice way.

i may try out boylston street instead. they have always been nicer (smaller store, less traffic/employees/nicer area)
    Lesser traffic?!?! I hope you mean people going into that small store next to starbucks. Because Boylston is not known for less traffic in the greater boston area. Don't forget that whole strip has gorgeous women all day everyday!
    11-18-08 11:17 AM

i may take a walk down the street today and just find out....but i doubt its true
    I seriously doubt this kid is correct at all. Just logically it doesn't make sense one bit.

If it is true, I will try and find out what store and pass on that information.
    11-18-08 11:19 AM
    Lesser traffic?!?! I hope you mean people going into that small store next to starbucks. Because Boylston is not known for less traffic in the greater boston area. Don't forget that whole strip has gorgeous women all day everyday!
    ya..i meant in the store...and the ladies on boylston are a perk...and if they turn me away in store...i am 20 feet from the largest apple store in the US :-D

but i go to emerson so I am dead center in between both verizons...choices choices
    11-18-08 11:32 AM
    The Reading, MA store (up I-93 a bit) is still trying to figure out what they are going to do Friday. They don't know how many they will have so they are taking people's info and will call later in the week. Two options are they will have one for you in store on Friday or they will order it for you Friday from the store for pick up Saturday or Sunday. Not only do they not have ones to sell early, they don't even have one to play with yet. As of the call I placed this morning.
    11-18-08 11:39 AM
    harvard square has a list going for friday AM. i called to ask what time they were opening and he asked if i was on it...told him that was my next question
    11-19-08 11:46 AM

oops i should of been more cautious with my words. I meant that the earliest is 21st this friday. Not sooner like how VZW had all those private flyers sales going out.
    11-19-08 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD