so my first Storm which I got in March, had a horrible click problem. I was within my 30 days and I got it exchanged, and I thought my new Storm was flawless. But then I have began to notice dust under the screen .

Now I put up with that, because everything else was fine, but then it started doing something else which bothered me. During the course of the call, I would be unable to hear the person on the other line. It happened first when I was talking to friend A, and so friend A thought she accidentally pushed mute, and would push a key on her phone and then the sound would come back. Then it started happening multiple times, during the course of our conversation. So I figured maybe it was just something wrong with friend A's phone. Then the next day, it started happening with friend B. I was talking to friend B, and suddenly I could not hear anything, so I told friend B to push a key, and they did and then I could hear them again. Then it kept happening throughout the conversation.

Now do not mistake this for a dropped call or something like that, because the entire time the phone stays connected. It just suddenly goes silent, and then when they press a key I can hear them again. Sometimes it happens multiple times, sometimes it happens once during a conversation; and it always only happens during long conversation (e.g. a call over 10 minutes...)

Is this a software issue, or a hardware issue? I am with Telus, but over my 30 day period, but obviously still have warranty. Any advice on what to do? BTW I've tried battery pulls, and all that stuff. I am currently running .132... Any help/input would be greatly appreciated.... thank you in advance.
    04-25-09 02:50 AM
    Sounds like a software issue to me. I doubt it would be hardware if "spiking" the sound makes the speaker work again which means theres nothing wrong with the earpiece speaker. I would think it was a software glitch.

Try reformatting your device by backing everything up and restoring your Telus operating system. See if that helps, if not it might be a hardware issue after all. Hope it helps, good luck
    04-25-09 03:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD