I am running a Verizon Storm 9530 with OS v5.0.0.328. After a battery pull, my application memory is only at 6-7 kb. I am running AstraSync v4.0.29; the current versions of Facebook, MySpace, OpenBeak, BBM; DocumentsToGo v2.0001 (016); Quick Pull; and that is pretty much it. Is there any way to recover any of this memory so I do not have to do a battery several times a day?
    03-14-10 09:22 PM
    I got that same message so I deleted a bunch of applications I don't use (like documents to go) and it gave me more space. If you don't mind me asking where did you get Openbeak? I was looking for it for awhile and couldn't find so it so I stuck with Ubertwitter instead.
    03-14-10 09:41 PM
    I actually use Documents to Go, so I do not want to delete it. I got Openbeak at the Orangatame website.

I got that same message so I deleted a bunch of applications I don't use (like documents to go) and it gave me more space. If you don't mind me asking where did you get Openbeak? I was looking for it for awhile and couldn't find so it so I stuck with Ubertwitter instead.
    03-14-10 09:45 PM
    Wow....I had a heck of a lot more than that on my S1 and still ran with about 20 MB of memory. Very strange, but since battery pulls aren't helping, the only thing I can think of, if your memory is this low at boot up, is to use your DM and uninstall virtually everything you don't need, want, including 3rd party apps and monitor your memory level for a day or two. Then, begin reinstalling your apps, one by one, and see what happens. SOMETHING is eating up your app memory and that's the only way I can think of to figure it out.

Documents To Go is standard with the Storm, so you shouldn't have to delete that, and you can probably leave FB, MS and BB Messenger on there as well.
    03-14-10 09:45 PM
    I got Openbeak at the Orangatame website.
    Okay awesome thanks.
    03-14-10 09:59 PM
    Use your DM and uninstall virtually everything you don't need, want
    What's DM? lol I'm a technology ***** sometimes...After uninstalling DTG I have 37MB of application space so since I don't use any of that stuff I don't mind not having it on the phone if it'll help with the memory. There are other things I'd like to get rid of too...
    03-14-10 10:02 PM
    Are you running a theme? Do you CLOSE everything completely when you are done? Anything that came with a link on the phone when you got it (instant messengers, flickr, etc) are just launchers, and can't be removed.

DM = Desktop Manager, the program on your computer to back up/restore the phone
    03-14-10 10:07 PM
    Do you have Gmaps? Youtube, Where. Facebook? Of so I have found that clearing the cache or resetting the app releases some memory especially gmaps and bbmaps. Those are the biggest hogs in my opinion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 05:38 AM
    How do you clear the cache on Google Maps?
    03-15-10 09:12 AM
    You can clear the cache by opening the browser > menu > options > cache operations. Be aware that if you clear the cookies, you will have to log back into websites and forums.

You can also clear the cache by options > security options > advanced security options > memory cleaning > menu > clean now.

03-15-10 11:44 AM
    In gmaps go to help and then reset gmaps. That's it

03-15-10 12:53 PM
    Now in BB maps you press BB key and hit options and hit clear cache

03-15-10 12:53 PM
    Sorry, "DM" is the Blackberry Desktop Manager which is the best way for uninstalling apps. Sounds like you got it fixed, though. Cool! Huge jump from 2 KB to 37 MB!

What's DM? lol I'm a technology ***** sometimes...After uninstalling DTG I have 37MB of application space so since I don't use any of that stuff I don't mind not having it on the phone if it'll help with the memory. There are other things I'd like to get rid of too...
    03-15-10 12:55 PM
    CD: My first thought was the same as yours, until I realized he was saying that "Right after a battery pull" his app memory was down. I was assuming then that he had yet to open any apps up. To the OP: is that what you were saying or did I have it wrong?

Are you running a theme? Do you CLOSE everything completely when you are done? Anything that came with a link on the phone when you got it (instant messengers, flickr, etc) are just launchers, and can't be removed.

DM = Desktop Manager, the program on your computer to back up/restore the phone
    03-15-10 12:57 PM
    Sorry, "DM" is the Blackberry Desktop Manager which is the best way for uninstalling apps. Sounds like you got it fixed, though. Cool! Huge jump from 2 KB to 37 MB!
    Thanks! Well now my memory is back down to 32.7 and falling. The only 3rd party app I have is Ubertwitter...could that be what's causing it? I know there's an upgrade available for that - don't know if it will help. I don't know what else to get rid of/what else to do to keep the app memory up!
    03-17-10 12:16 PM
    Thanks! Well now my memory is back down to 32.7 and falling. The only 3rd party app I have is Ubertwitter...could that be what's causing it? I know there's an upgrade available for that - don't know if it will help. I don't know what else to get rid of/what else to do to keep the app memory up!
    I have had success stabilizing boot-up RAM by doing a security wipe, but keeping the third party apps. See link in sig if you're interested.
    03-17-10 12:46 PM
    yes def use desktop manager to remove stuff.

i like many here have many many more apps and return to a ~20mb after a battery pull.

you can use it to remove stuff like certain language fonts, eg, i dont know korean so i removed all that.

i too use documents to go.
    03-17-10 01:39 PM
    Make sure all apps you are not using are turned off. Hold the BB (Menu) button. There should only be 5 apps running (phone, homescreen, BBM, Messages and Browser) Anything else turn it off. Access the app and then exit it to ensure its off.

Also as stated previously delete unwanted and unused apps. For example if you have Google Maps you don't need BB Maps. Password keeper, Games. Bottom line if you dont use it, you dont need it.

Then of course do a battery pull after all of the deleting. Also run memory cleaner to clean the cache. Or go to options under browser and clear the memory logs.

And if you have a theme..... Delete it. Sorry. But they are the biggest causes of memory leaks. Dont just de-activate it, delete it all together.

This and the other tips should work.
    03-17-10 03:46 PM
    The only way I have really ever gained substantial memory was to do a wipe and reinstall the OS, and use shrink-a-OS to reload. I was booting at 18, now booting close to 39. Seems like a wipe and a shrink clean it up the best. Here is a not so good screen shot of my meterberry.....
    03-17-10 04:23 PM
    The only way I have really ever gained substantial memory was to do a wipe and reinstall the OS, and use shrink-a-OS to reload. I was booting at 18, now booting close to 39. Seems like a wipe and a shrink clean it up the best. Here is a not so good screen shot of my meterberry.....
    i too have wiped and shrunk OS before i loaded .328 for the first time.
    highly recommended
    03-17-10 04:43 PM
    Make sure all apps you are not using are turned off. There should only be 5 apps running (phone, homescreen, BBM, Messages and Browser) Anything else turn it off.

Also as stated previously delete unwanted and unused apps. Bottom line if you dont use it, you dont need it.

Do a battery pull after all of the deleting. Also run memory cleaner to clean the cache. Or go to options under browser and clear the memory logs.

And if you have a theme..... Delete it.

I tried to use DM to delete the stuff but the only options (action) it gave me for most of the stuff was 'none' or 'install.'

As far as the theme goes the only on there is 'Presicion Zen' which I'm assuming is the default since it doesn't really look like I can delete it.

Is there any other way to get rid of the stuff I don't use (mainly - bing, flicker, fonts/languages, slacker radio & youtube) so that I don't have to start deleting the stuff I do use?

Thanks for all your help by the way...sometimes I'm total technology nerd!
    03-20-10 02:57 PM
    Also - according the phone I have 38.9MB of free space but when I plugged it into desktop manager it said I have 57MB of free space....?
    03-20-10 03:20 PM
    Good instructions for him, but I'd add a caveat. Not ALL applications can/should be closed or removed. For example, my running apps = 6. In addition to the 5 you have listed, I also have Smart Guard running. Since this is a program I wanted (originally installed on my Storm 1 but have a 2 now, so this isn't even an issue for me, but is important for S1 users reading this) and to operate properly, it needs to be running. I am unsure about other apps needing to do this, but just keep in mind that there may be some that will need to be running to do what you want it to do. Otherwise, yah, close out everything when you're not using it and uninstall anything you don't want or use. Keep in mind too that you can remove a program you don't use (default programs, that is) and always put it back in should you decide down the road you need it. Finally, not ALL themes are bad or memory leakers. I ran AppleBerry 1.0 on my S1 with NO problems, ever. I now have 2.0 on my S2 (and that is what you should use if you're running OS 5.0) and it works perfect as I'm sure others do as well.

Make sure all apps you are not using are turned off. Hold the BB (Menu) button. There should only be 5 apps running (phone, homescreen, BBM, Messages and Browser) Anything else turn it off. Access the app and then exit it to ensure its off.

Also as stated previously delete unwanted and unused apps. For example if you have Google Maps you don't need BB Maps. Password keeper, Games. Bottom line if you dont use it, you dont need it.

Then of course do a battery pull after all of the deleting. Also run memory cleaner to clean the cache. Or go to options under browser and clear the memory logs.

And if you have a theme..... Delete it. Sorry. But they are the biggest causes of memory leaks. Dont just de-activate it, delete it all together.

This and the other tips should work.
    03-20-10 03:45 PM
    Since my DM won't let me delete the apps I'm not using would it make sense to install them and then try to remove them? I've pretty much done everything else. Everytime I do something suggseted the memory goes up and lasts for a day or two then it slowly starts to go back down again. It's not dropping at an alarming rate or anything but it's still annoying lol!!
    03-22-10 03:30 PM
    Also - according the phone I have 38.9MB of free space but when I plugged it into desktop manager it said I have 57MB of free space....?
    If you have 39 mb of memory on your phone you are doing pretty good. I dont think you are going to pick up much more with doing a serious shrink and even with that I doubt you will gain much. 39 is pretty good for a storm 1.
    03-22-10 04:13 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD