Yesterday, I was able to get an Alltel rep to activate my Storm. Since the merger won't be complete in my area til Oct. 16, I went through all the steps in the tutorial in the Tips & Tricks forum, but cannot get it to work.

All of the NAM programming settings match my Pearl settings. I have done the host routing table registration and pulled the battery. I have tried restoring the service books from my Pearl to the Storm (though it doesn't really look like they go).

Is there anyone out there who would please be willing to help? I've posted on the original thread in Tips & Tricks on how to get the Storm fully functional, but it is an old thread and, it seems, forgotten. I'm desperate here folks! Please, please help me!

Thanks so much in advance!
    08-26-09 08:22 AM
    Yesterday, I was able to get an Alltel rep to activate my Storm. Since the merger won't be complete in my area til Oct. 16, I went through all the steps in the tutorial in the Tips & Tricks forum, but cannot get it to work.

All of the NAM programming settings match my Pearl settings. I have done the host routing table registration and pulled the battery. I have tried restoring the service books from my Pearl to the Storm (though it doesn't really look like they go).

Is there anyone out there who would please be willing to help? I've posted on the original thread in Tips & Tricks on how to get the Storm fully functional, but it is an old thread and, it seems, forgotten. I'm desperate here folks! Please, please help me!

Thanks so much in advance!

Not sure but you may need to call and have them change the pin from your pearl to the storm
    08-26-09 08:31 AM
    Not sure but you may need to call and have them change the pin from your pearl to the storm
    Thanks for your reply. Is that even possible? I thought PINs were device specific. Who would I call? Alltel? Verizon?

Thanks again!
    08-26-09 08:41 AM
    Thanks for your reply. Is that even possible? I thought PINs were device specific. Who would I call? Alltel? Verizon?

Thanks again!
    THey are device specific call alltel back and tell them you need the pin from your storm put on your bis or bes whatever you have
    08-26-09 09:06 AM
    I guess it's worth a shot. The agent I talked to last night was not helpful at all. Hopefully, the next one will be.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
    08-26-09 10:33 AM
    Try this site for information.

EVDO working on Blackberry Storm on Alltel | ScottXP.com - Extreme Programming Blog

Maybe you can get some help there.
    08-26-09 10:40 AM
    Thanks. I've tried the Scott XP site already. For the life of me, I can't figure out what I've done wrong. I followed all of the steps and still no data. Ugh!!!
    08-26-09 11:09 AM
    Thanks. I've tried the Scott XP site already. For the life of me, I can't figure out what I've done wrong. I followed all of the steps and still no data. Ugh!!!
    i would try calling and having the pin on your BB account changed to the one on your storm, if that has not been changed the BIS thinks you are still using the pearl even though its removed from the network. If its not that then try more steps, but if you they were not helpful they may not have completed the transition. remember start with the simplest and biggest variable, reps
    08-26-09 11:15 AM
    I will definitely try that this afternoon after work. Hopefully, that's all I need. I suppose it's a crapshoot getting a rep that will do it.
    08-26-09 11:18 AM
    I will definitely try that this afternoon after work. Hopefully, that's all I need. I suppose it's a crapshoot getting a rep that will do it.
    Shouldnt be, just go for tech support. not a big deal usually
    08-26-09 11:28 AM
    for your storm to work you need:
    your ESN activated on your account

your PIN activated on your BIS profile

your phone programmed for your phone number

your BIS service books sent, and registered with HRT...

you're missing something and that's why it isn't working...
    08-26-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD