Hey,
    I was planning to buy a Storm, but because I have my laptop with me at all times, I dont bother getting a data plan. I also have a tomtom so I wont really use the GPS.

I was wondering if the phone is still worth while without purchasing a dataplan.

P.S. I am on Canada Bell. They will let me activate without internet in hopes I slip up and open it and they can charge me through the roof Wink

I often use my phone atm for:

- Calling
    - Voice mail
    - Txting
    - Movies
    - Music
    - Games (rarely)
    - Notes
    - Calendar
    - Alarm Clock
    - Scheduling

not sure if this is the phone for me or not, I would be getting Storm 9530

also I am 19 almost 20 years old, don't do much business haha more fun

No......................
    01-07-09 10:28 PM
    Nah just get the data plan. Its well worth it especially for fun. If you really wan to show it of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 10:42 PM
    If you aren't purchasing a data plan, try the LG Dare. Very seamless operation and processor is FAST in it. Perfect for what you are using it for.
    01-07-09 11:08 PM
    If you aren't purchasing a data plan, try the LG Dare. Very seamless operation and processor is FAST in it. Perfect for what you are using it for.
    wow did u read the original post... he is on Bell in Canada... NOT VERIZON! No LG Dare... perhaps he'd like the voyager (bell Version)
    01-08-09 02:13 AM
    Yes it will be fine without a data plan, but it's going to cost you an arm and a leg. That said, it will work, but a BlackBerry without a data plan is kind of like having a car but no engine.
    sorry Crucial, but I like Heavy's response better.. lol

I would never suggest to anyone that they get a BlackBerry without a data plan. That would be like me suggesting that you date a hot model, but never take her clothes off.
    Classic. =)

But ya I love my berry w/ internet.. I dont even check my email on the PC anymore unless its to load a email w/ a ton of pictures. Very worth while having it.. you cannot go wrong.
    01-08-09 04:22 AM
    If you can get one without the data plan...go for it. I used to have a Samsung i760 and did not have a data plan. I used it for periodic texting, the pda features of calendar and contacts, etc. Once is a bluemoon, I would surf the web on a 'pay as you go' basis. Worked great since I didn't do it that much.

Now what is cool is if you can get the Storm with wi-fi (The 9520...I think that's in Canada)...Then you could at least surf in wi-fi spots if you wanted.

I think its a fine idea if you can do it.
    01-08-09 08:25 AM
    Did anyone even read this guy's original post? He said he wanted a phone that played music, movies, allowed him to text message but didn't require the Internet. The Storm does all of that and it is not very expensive. The only other option I can think of is the Omnia, but I have no idea if that phone is available on Canada Bell. I agree with the above poster, if you could get the Storm with WiFi, that would be an optimal solution since it would let you access the internet, download files, stream music, etc, without requiring the data plan.

The Storm ain't your grandmother's Blackberry.
    01-08-09 08:40 AM
    I know that Verizon requires a data plan for blackberries. Does that mean that if you bought a Storm for an other user and tried to switch ECNs to activate the Storm you would need to buy the data plan.

My wife has a Samsung i760 and is frustrated with the calendar syncing. Lots of appointments don' seem to update. I was hoping to purchase a used Storm from someone and activate it under her account that does not have a data plan.

Any help would be appriciated.
    04-26-09 07:17 PM
    I would never suggest to anyone that they get a BlackBerry without a data plan. That would be like me suggesting that you date a hot model, but never take her clothes off.
    haha. couldn't have said it better myself!
    04-26-09 08:39 PM
    ya for verizon it requires a data plan and you would want one your bb just sitting there is using data
    04-26-09 10:57 PM
    First I would try to determine whether or not VW would let you do this. I didnt have a dataplan on my samsung schi760 last year, but maybe the BB plans are different.

2nd - Id wait to see if the Storm 2 will have WiFi. Because if it does you'd still have internet access (when available).
    04-26-09 11:10 PM
    I second that.

Might as well get the Touch Pro or HTC Diamond. Blackberry is popular because of the whole engine behind it.
    04-26-09 11:40 PM
    I went to get my wife a new phone, but she is not as thrilled with my storm as I am. (I know, apparently she has her own opinions =). I was going to get her the omnia, and I was told that verizon NOW requires the "29.99 unlimited data plan" on all smartphones/pda phones and BB phones. If she liked the storm, I would get that for her, but I think we will wait for a "bold" to come to verizon with a better browser than the curve. The wi-fi doesn't matter, if it is a smart phone, they still require the data.
    04-26-09 11:42 PM
    Everything I'd say has been said...
    04-27-09 12:25 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD