I'm having a problem with my Storm 9530 (Verizon, OS 4.7.0.148)

Everytime I pickup up an incoming call, I get "Connected" and the call time counting up on the phone, but I can't hear whoever is on the other end of the line. When the person calls back (shortly after) a 2nd time I can pick up the call just fine.

Has anyone else experienced this ? it's very frustrating.

Thanks !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 03:48 PM
    are you in an area with a good signal?

Might try doing the *229 option #2 to update your PRL
    08-25-09 03:51 PM
    take the phone back
    08-25-09 03:53 PM
    Im on .151 and it happens to me all the time. I find that it happens more when I am at home and my phone is plugged into the wall charger. For some reason it will answer, say connected, the call timer begins to run but I cant hear anyone nor can they hear me. I call back & everything works fine. Like I mentioned it doesnt seem to really happen when my phone is not plugged into the wall charger. Weird...
    08-25-09 03:54 PM
    I'm having a problem with my Storm 9530 (Verizon, OS 4.7.0.148)

Everytime I pickup up an incoming call, I get "Connected" and the call time counting up on the phone, but I can't hear whoever is on the other end of the line. When the person calls back (shortly after) a 2nd time I can pick up the call just fine.

Has anyone else experienced this ? it's very frustrating.

Thanks !

i started experiencing this when i upgraded to .151 os but that is also when i got bluetooth so not sure which it is but ill hit answer about 5 times then get mad use the green talk button then turn it sideways and it will still be flipped the other way then missed call i feel your pain, the cause seems to be slow response maybe a fresh battery pull helps stop it for while?
    08-25-09 04:26 PM
    Thanks for the replies so far.

paulwright1:
    Signal is good anywhere this has happened (3-5 bars)..now that I think, this occurs when I make calls too sometimes..try again a 2nd time and I get through fine. Pretty sure I've updated PRL, but will do so again.

sterling_bandit
    Sure this has only been happening since the update to .148...but if this persists, and I find no other solution, I will.

1967LS2
    This happens when unplugged..rarely answer the phone when plugged in so can;t comment on that

08-25-09 04:30 PM
    I have seen this happen. Next time check to see if the handset is set up our if the headset is what shows up in the calling area. Everytime I have this happen it shows as though my headphones are still in even though they aren't. If that is the case, a quick fix is to hit the menu button and enable the handset. If that isn't it then good luck!
    08-25-09 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD