I have both. Did not use the 9530 much before switching to 8330. Work related switch - not by choice. Wondering now if the original Storm is that much better than the Curve. I have an option to put the Storm into service for an personal plan.

I've heard complaints about the Storm, but do not know if I should go for something newer or updated. I kinda liked it during my brief encounter, but did not have enough time with it to fully evaluate. Seems like it is more powerful from a graphics and resolution standpoint. Lot's of built-in apps that a Curve doesn't have. Thoughts appreciated.
    05-03-10 11:55 AM
    I have the S1 and S2. I like the S2 screen improvements, but with OS 5.0 on the S1, its musch better than release IMHO. I would say it depends on preference and what you intend to do with it. I use my S2 for work without issues. Even surf the net in boring staff meetings.
    05-03-10 12:22 PM
    As far as reliablity and durability. 8330 > 9530, hands down.
    05-03-10 12:23 PM
    As far as reliablity and durability. 8330 > 9530, hands down.
    Based on reputation or your personal experience?
    05-03-10 12:26 PM
    I would say that the 8330 is probably the most reliable BlackBerry in the last 5 years. Sure, it is "outdated" a bit compared to newer smartphones, but it still chugs along. My mother still uses an 8330 and when I visit to backup her device or clean it up for her, I find that it's still running great. What I liked most about owning an 8330 was the thing was a beast in terms of build quality. I can't tell you how many times my 8330 was dropped on cement and never did it exhibit any signs of damage (besides scratches).
    05-03-10 01:48 PM
    Agreed on the 8330 as it is my daily device. Dropped only once from a foot or so on hard surface, but no damage that I can tell.

Guess I'm curious about the Storm from a power (processing) standpoint. Seems it has bigger, better graphics as well as the weight of the processor to support them. We're not big on apps, but before activating it for family use, thought I'd see if people loved or hated the thing. I've noticed electronic devices rarely have a happy medium.
    05-03-10 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD