I'm using a 9530 Storm unlock with mexican carrier Telcel. but I couldn't make it work as modem to conect my laptop to internet . I�m only able to used with my old phone (curve 8310) with my laptop. I must be doing something wrong. Please help.
    06-20-09 10:32 AM
    As long as the provider gives the ok u should just be able to run it. Plug it in and run the program. I use my with verizon and it works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 12:37 PM
    You'll have to use whatever program Tellcel has for tethering..It must be enabled by the carrier, and you have to have a program to do it. VZAccess Manager won't work for you.
    06-20-09 12:42 PM
    Maybe tetherberry will work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 12:46 PM
    You'll have to use whatever program Tellcel has for tethering..It must be enabled by the carrier, and you have to have a program to do it. VZAccess Manager won't work for you.
    You do not need a program to use the phone. I refused to install the vzaccess crapware on my PC. Just set the phone up as a new modem on the PC. You need to know what the username and password to get on the network is though and yes the provider has to give your account the provisioning for it.
    06-20-09 12:53 PM
    I had everything setup and worked with my Curve 8310, but for some reason when conected the storm it don�t recongnice the phone. I tested as moden and vista recognice it but when tried to conect by it show and error message on vista. Any suggestions?
    06-20-09 01:11 PM
    Download and install tetherberry. it uses your data plan to send data (fairly fast rates), and you won't get the extra charges from verizon for tether.
    02-22-10 09:25 AM
    On a second note, anybody use the storm as a fax modem to laptop/PC?
    02-22-10 09:26 AM
    Tether.com is the way to go!
    02-22-10 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD