I recently purchased a storm from my friend for $25 yes $25 it was a good working phone nothing wrong with it but he dropped it at school while we were switching classes and a whole bunch of people stepped all over it and smashed up the screen, it's been broken for like a month and we were talking about phones and he was telling about how he liked the storm and then i asked em if he would sell it and he was like i doubt anybody would want it then i told em "i'll give you $25 right now" and he was like really ?? and i told em yeah so he brought it to me today

so where can i order a good LCD from ??? and i need to know if on the blackberry storm 9530 it's the LCD then the LCD Digitizer on top of the LCD and that's it or is there something else on top of the Digitizer ???

any help would be appreciated...

EDIT: if it matters or not i already took apart the phone and on the flex cable of the LCD it reads "LCD-16693-014" and under that is "LS03383UX01" and on the other side of the flex cable it says "E 2009020237558" and on the actual LCD itself it reads "HDW-23721-001 06-09"
    Last edited by EMendoza93; 10-23-09 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Added More Info
    10-23-09 04:23 PM
    I recently purchased a storm from my friend for $25 yes $25 it was a good working phone nothing wrong with it but he dropped it at school while we were switching classes and a whole bunch of people stepped all over it and smashed up the screen, it's been broken for like a month and we were talking about phones and he was telling about how he liked the storm and then i asked em if he would sell it and he was like i doubt anybody would want it then i told em "i'll give you $25 right now" and he was like really ?? and i told em yeah so he brought it to me today

so where can i order a good LCD from ??? and i need to know if on the blackberry storm 9530 it's the LCD then the LCD Digitizer on top of the LCD and that's it or is there something else on top of the Digitizer ???

any help would be appreciated...

EDIT: if it matters or not i already took apart the phone and on the flex cable of the LCD it reads "LCD-16693-014" and under that is "LS03383UX01" and on the other side of the flex cable it says "E 2009020237558" and on the actual LCD itself it reads "HDW-23721-001 06-09"
    Pdaparts.com has everything you need

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 04:32 PM
    no dice.... it says

(Part Number: LCD-16693-002-024)

YOU MUST CHECK THE PART NUMBER ON TH RIBBON OF THE SCREEN TO MAKE SURE IT IS THE SAME NUMBER THAT WE SELL. THERE ARE 2 VERSION OF THIS SCREEN AND THEY ARE NOT CROSS COMPATIBLE
    my LCD says LCD-16693-014 unless the 002-024 means all the numbers between 002-024
    10-23-09 04:35 PM
    So the way the Storm is put together is an LCD with a digitizer on top. Is only the digitizer cracked? or are both the LCD and digitizer cracked? For what it's worth, I cracked my digitizer only and bought one on eBay. The seller didn't list any model numbers or anything, but the listing stated that it was only for the GSM Storm. I purchased it anyway. Once I got it and took the phone apart I realized that separating the digitizer and LCD then joining the new digitizer would require soldering of some tiny connections. I decided it was beyond my expertise and got an insurance replacement. However... I gave the parts to a friend of mine. I had ripped the digitizer connections from the LCD and he just used the solder that was still there to connect the ribbon and it worked. The only thing that didn't quite work was that the heat from the soldering gun caused sort of a burn mark to show on the screen. It just looks a little darker than the rest and you can only really tell when the screen is all white. Beyond that it all works perfectly, but it's now on the Asurion lost/stolen list so it's unusable. For reference I used the video on this site: BlackBerry Storm 9500/9530 OEM digitizer - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, for the instructions to take apart the phone and also referenced some videos I found on YouTube.
    10-23-09 05:48 PM
    it's only the digitizer, the lcd is flawless but i'm assuming my friend tried to fix it because the lcd flex cable is ripped... so i'm in new of a new lcd with the digitizer

even if the lcd flex cable was good i would still want a new lcd because i've read about people separating the digitizer and then they can't put it back on because of the adhesive
    10-23-09 05:53 PM
    I found the LCD i need on ebay for $85 it sucks cause the version 2 LCD is only $55 oh well i'll save up some money and hopefully buy it by next week or two

I also wanna order this housing

10-23-09 06:21 PM
    Its there look under lcd replacements or look for blackberry lcd screens replacements

10-23-09 06:34 PM
    okay i got the replacement LCD screen today, and i installed it but it wouldn't light up, i connected the storm to my pc and the screen would illuminate but still be black and the phone would connect and disconnect like every 4 or 8 seconds, i tried reloading the OS through the apploader (without opening up DM) and it makes it through the first stage but when it gets to the part where it needs the phone to turn on the storm just keeps connecting and reconnecting, i even tried to wipe the phone with JL Cmder but anything i do i can't get a stable connection.... so what do you guys think i should do ??

EDIT: if it matters i'm trying to install the 5.0 OS

EDIT2: i have the phone connected now and its a stable connection but when i try to upload an OS through the Apploader it disconnects and then reconnects again... windows doesn't show that i have an active USB connection but this little symbol keeps on popping for like a second on the right hand side of the task bar, it's like a gray picture of 3 wires... when i try to wipe with the JL Cmder the phone disconnects... so what do you guys think is the problem or what should i do ??
    Last edited by EMendoza93; 10-29-09 at 07:13 PM.
    10-29-09 07:05 PM
    Make sure the lcd number you buy is the same on the phone...you could also send it to a place called CPR [cell phone repair] here in san jose...they fixed my phone for 100 in parts and 20 for labor

10-29-09 07:12 PM
    i checked the part numbers and they are the same i even triple checked actually i checked like 10 times, i spent $85 on the lcd with the digitizer

as i type this JL Cmder is "connecting" to the phone but it's been more then 5 minutes should i just let it keep on "connecting" to see what happens
    10-29-09 07:15 PM
    9530 and 9500 are 2 different model #
    024 & 014
    you must check your lcd which one you have
    Last edited by gavriel; 11-30-10 at 06:53 PM.
    11-28-10 11:49 PM
    +its possible that there is a deference between the board with green flex version 002/024and the board with gold flex version 014...

tnx for your reply....
    07-11-11 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD