Is the storm 9530 really that bad as people say?
09-02-10 12:53 PM
- Hello storm users well I have a question because I here tons of people complaining that their storm is a piece of garbage and that they hate it and that it's slow as **** blah blah.. but is it really that bad? I'm, planning on trading with a friend my 8900 for a Storm 1 because I'm bored of my phone and I want a touchscreen blackberry. So is it really that bad? thank you08-07-10 02:46 AM
- I have had my Storm 1 since the third day after they came out (1 1/2 yr. ago). I have installed at least 30 upgrades. I am very pleased with my Storm now. In fact I can't wait until the Storm 3 or Storm 4 comes out so I can upgrade. My favorite feature is being able to adjust the font so I can read my email and my texts without my glasses. you can do this on all BB's. I also like the predictive text. I can type with my thumb on one hand. I also just installed Golf Logix and now I can use the GPS when I play golf. The Storm 1 was very rough when it first came out but it is very stable now. I rarely get lockups and have to do battery pulls. I looked at the Droid X but decided I'm waiting for the Storm 3 or 4.08-07-10 08:19 AM
- I have had my Storm 1 since the third day after they came out (1 1/2 yr. ago). I have installed at least 30 upgrades. I am very pleased with my Storm now. In fact I can't wait until the Storm 3 or Storm 4 comes out so I can upgrade. My favorite feature is being able to adjust the font so I can read my email and my texts without my glasses. you can do this on all BB's. I also like the predictive text. I can type with my thumb on one hand. I also just installed Golf Logix and now I can use the GPS when I play golf. The Storm 1 was very rough when it first came out but it is very stable now. I rarely get lockups and have to do battery pulls. I looked at the Droid X but decided I'm waiting for the Storm 3 or 4.08-07-10 08:44 AM
- pcgizmo#IMCrackBerry Ph.D.I loved my Storm1. It was loaded with 22.214.171.124 when I got it, and it was pretty good. VZW's 126.96.36.1998 came in October and it sucked out loud. But when Bell Mobility released 419, my Storm was amazing. No lag, no drag!
I regret selling it and keeping my S2, if that tells you anything!08-07-10 08:53 AM
- my storm has been great.i still have the storm 1.I must like mine a lot because i am still holding out buying a new phone.in my opinion this is still better than what is out there.to keep this phone fun i have added many new os.i was thinking of adding the lastest leak but i can't find much feedback so far.08-07-10 09:11 AM
- Storm 1 has tremendously low app memory but coming from an 8900, it won't seem like a big deal to you.
Honestly, the Storm1 is disliked because it exposes all the flaws of the BB platform. All of the problems I have with the device - are issues I have with RIM in general.08-07-10 10:16 AM
- The Storm 1, with .419, shrink out the wallpaper, and voice dialing, and you have an excellent phone, easily capable of running 30 apps and being reliable.
Just don't drop the Storm or abuse it, two of my friends and I have them, and if you give them a good drop they have speaker issues, screen click issues, ect... NOT a very tough phone, in my opinion.08-07-10 10:21 AM
- My Storm 1 is also an original, purchased it the day of release and it still runs great. I do reboot it about every 3 to 5 days to keep memory up, but I use a theme I like that has a tendency to drain memory.
I have about 25 applications installed and all work well.
So far I am also liking the newly leaked 797 OS08-07-10 12:03 PM
- Another Storm fan here. Yes it sucked wind with the first software versions but now I have no issues whatsoever, other than wishing it had WiFi.
The hardware is OK, my first two failed within the first four months and had to be replaced but the one I'm using now is 16 months old and quite stable. I have the thick silicone case that protects from minor bumps & falls.
I'm hoping there is a Storm 3 coming, would grab it in an instant if it supports LTE.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com08-07-10 03:47 PM
- Loved my Storm1. I actually purchased an S2 2 months ago bc I was getting antsy before my NE2 is up (now).
I actually like my S1 wayyyyy more than my S2. The screen and typing was done with ease...I just cant get used to the Storm2 screen.
If the S1 just had a little more app memory...it would be perfect!08-07-10 05:11 PM
- 08-07-10 09:05 PM
- Ok real simple....Its not that the phone utterly sux.....remember that its old and if youre loking for something like todays standards then dont bother with it it'll dissapoint you.Its a nice phone but it suffers from low app memory and alot of people hate the surepress.I love the surepress and actually cant wait to get my 9800 but kinda mad it wont have surepress.Other than that its not bad just alot of small issues that alot of others dont like to deal with or mayb becasue they cant really fix them its really up to you try it and see if its for you08-07-10 10:50 PM
- I've had my Storm since day 1. No replacement(s). Honestly, it has taken many hours of research (on these boards), several os upgrades, a couple of key apps and a lot of "tweaking" to get it to work the way I need it to work. With that said, it is a wonderful device for me right now. I have it all set up to do what I need and I am extremely productive on it. Many stop and ask what my phone is because I am able to do quite a bit on it. Not sure what phone I will go to next, but since my current situation is good, I don't mind waiting to see what's coming out. Good luck and welcome to the Storm boards! There's lots of great info here!08-08-10 11:30 PM
- You can have the Storm 1. I think Verizon owes me combat pay just for having one. But, if you all love the phone, I'll sell you a Storm 1 (9530) (new 8/12/2010 my 3rd one) with a few cases, and a charging cradle for desktop. Not a scratch on it. $50 for all including 8gig SD plus shipping. PM me.
Verizon Branded 9530 BTW
Last edited by Emtronics; 08-09-10 at 05:13 AM.08-09-10 05:10 AM
- 1 gig total internal memory, 128 megs of it is availiable to be used for application/system use. Would be nice if we could use it all, but alas that is not to be.
even that still dosn't stop me from enjoying my Storm, No it is not as bad as many say it is. With a good OS, it is a good phone. Comparing it against any of the new phones is usless since they all ahve advances so far in the past 2 years. But for its age, it is still a good phone and a decent smart phone too. Of course if you have your heart set on and Itoy or a droid powered phone then by all means get one.
Last edited by Falling; 08-10-10 at 10:44 AM.08-10-10 10:38 AM
- I got my storm 1 with OS 4.7, there were problems (To say the least) but after installing a hybrid, and using shrink OS, I usually run around 20mb of app memory, and I never get an hourglass. The only problem I have found is that if it gets REALLY humid, the touchscreen will jump around a little, but just wipe it with your shirt or the microfiber and all is well.
Oh, and Google maps? I never have any any problems with it, in satellite view it is a bit slow, but using turn-by-turn GPS works flawlessly. The trick is to go over the route in advance and it will cache the images (Unfortunately you have to do this on each zoom level, but that's the way that Google actually works, so no fault of the device)08-14-10 08:03 AM
- I am for renewal in October but I will hang on to my Storm 1 till i see what comes out in 1st Quarter 2011.
Like others here back in the 4.7 days it was slow and sluggish, but now that 5.0 is here and with some tweaking here and there, my Storm works the way i like it too.08-14-10 05:50 PM
- I have loved my Storm1 since my first purchase in late June 2009. Recently it began giving me problems, I swapped it under warranty & am on my 2nd and now having problems w/it so I'm gonna go back and have them swap it again hopefully this week.
I had been waiting it out for Storm3 and the promised physical keyboard but started getting antsy when I heard so much about Droid so then started investigating and thinking about going Droid.
I found that I really do NOT like the way any of the Android OS phones look and I do love the way a Storm looks. From everything I've seen the big push w/Droid is that it's got speed all over any of the BB's. At this point in time I'm not willing to give up my Storm for a Droid because for me, speed is *not* the most important thing. Would it be nice? You bet! But not worth toting around a phone that I really dislike the looks of. The Droid seems to also be geared more to multi-media, could be wrong but seems like it and I'm not a music & video junkie which means it's not so important to me to have the latest/greatest/fastest music & video stuff.
So for now I'm hanging onto my Storm1 (with the exception of swapping it for one that hopefully won't give me grief). I fell in phone-lust after seeing the Torch and I'm assuming the Storm3 will resemble that when it hits VZW and by then have made some improvements over things people are complaining about with the first batch. Prolly not a good idea to run out and buy a first round phone anyway. I think I got lucky as I originally didn't have any of the problems w/my Storm that others reported. Seems to be catching up with me now but not enough to convert me away from my BB Storm at least for now.08-15-10 06:23 AM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Storm
Is the storm 9530 really that bad as people say?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD