i just recently updated to 5.0 and it was a horrible experience...it only took 5 hours to get to working...well just did the update on my second one and it went perfect...but unfortunately the first one is now running sluggish and refuses to pull the photos for my contacts from either my albums nor my facebook app...also all my pics ended up being deleted some how...if anyone knows any solutions please let me know...i'm about ready to pull my hair out
    11-02-09 05:17 PM
    I wish I was able to offer you some help. All I can say is I had a similar experience....lost ALL my contacts. It took me 2 days to get mine up and running. I'm reluctant to try the 2nd. Good luck.
    11-02-09 05:20 PM
    I didn't lose any info thank god, but now the stupid thing keeps on lagging whenever I do anything. Just turning off the screen lock takes it several minutes. Also facebook is busted. Worst update ever (even worse than the bug-ridden OS that it shipped with). Hopefully they come out with a new one soon, but I doubt they will.
    11-02-09 05:23 PM
    Unless they are able to replicate these problems in testing, they won't be able to fix a thing. And unfortunately, since many of the problems are not universal, they probably won't see them and they wont get fixed.

I haven't had any problems with any of the 5.0 leaks. All installed within 30 min. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but this phone seems to behave differently for every user, judging by the reports here on CB
    11-02-09 05:32 PM
    Me either. The O/S update is pretty straight forward and automatic. Updating 3rd party software was easy to. Getting BBM was just a simple task of locating it on Blackberry.com and then downloading it. I back up my phone every other day and I ran a backup before I did the upgrade. I also backed up BBM contacts to SD card. It was a matter of pointing the phone to these locations and everything was back.
    11-02-09 05:39 PM
    k well talkin to some people...some with bbs and some who have worked on them have said that it might be a corruption in the os update as its being downloaded and the only way really to fix it is to wipe the os from the phone and reinstall it
    11-02-09 08:30 PM
    Same for me...horrible update experience.....

Having phone problems.

Go to Verizon.

Get told that I have to update the OS before they can even think of updating my phone.

Go home and do the update.

Stare at the 'may take up to 30 minutes to complete.....don't stop it or it my screw up your phone' message for 2 hours.

Finally call Verizon.

After about a half an hour, get hooked to a RIM technician.

About 90 minutes later, after much pain, rebooting, reinstalling and all of that.....it finally works.

Have to upload all of my of my stuff (thankfully I had a not too old backup).

And I find out that they totally messed up my sms messages. The screen is now is so cluttered with stuff that I can barely see 3 lines of the message......what a pain in the *** to have to have to scroll thru a single message to read it. If you are getting fast messages from someone, it is very easy to miss some of them because of the way they are stacked now. Pain in the ***!
    11-02-09 08:50 PM
    it does suck...luckily i still have a direct number to call RIM...but i think i'm goin to just have to call again to try to get this worked out...i have not even had the phone a month...i just don't want to have to get a referb i have heard that there has been a couple of bad batches of those goin out
    11-02-09 08:53 PM
    why would some update OTA? beats me!
    11-02-09 09:35 PM
    well come to find out that wiping the os multiple times finally got verizon to replace it
    11-03-09 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD