just got my replacement phone since my other one decided that it was goin to wipe itself constantly...but thats besides the point so i got my new one and have been trying to text on it and the keyboard well randomly default back to the suretype keyboard in portrait...does anyone know anything about this
    11-06-09 09:50 PM
    just got my replacement phone since my other one decided that it was goin to wipe itself constantly...but thats besides the point so i got my new one and have been trying to text on it and the keyboard well randomly default back to the suretype keyboard in portrait...does anyone know anything about this
    Yep, happened to me all the time in .328. And it would overlay too and I wouldn't be able to see anything. So I downgraded to .323.

I don't know of a fix but it did happen to me too, yes.
    11-06-09 09:55 PM
    well thats no good and it has the .328 on it..and that is what actually fubarred my last storm...and by getting the new one it has remedied all the problems i had before now i have this new one and it is goin to drive me up the wall cuz i text a lot and can't stand the sure type
    11-06-09 09:58 PM
    I have never had such problems.. mabye you might want to try reloading the software... Reloading the Os seems to be the norm with .328... I hade to reload this OS 4 times before it really took to my phone.. since then i have had no major issues.. Just the typical Dim Bug and Mail icons going back to default when battery pull... minor annoyances.. to a much smoother faster running OS... The browser itself is 50x faster on this OS... I can live with the bugs to actually get to what i want to look at on the web this much faster.. Good luck with the referb..
    11-06-09 10:10 PM
    ya i think that seems to be the way it goes...i'm trying it and lets hope that it fixes it...i totally love this phone and i just want it to work right
    11-06-09 10:13 PM
    ya i think that seems to be the way it goes...i'm trying it and lets hope that it fixes it...i totally love this phone and i just want it to work right
    Join the club... we all just want the one Phone that we paid good money for to work as advertised... When new OS comes out... it has been run thru the paces.. all bugs.. especially noticible things, that if you just used the phone, you would have noticed right away.. But i guess we just ask for to much... So we will just wait for the next release.. and hope nothing Major happens to the phone while we wait... Good luck reloading.. it is a pain.. but it will help if you are having major issues...
    11-06-09 11:23 PM
    I also say get rid of the everything that is not important... i Have forund loading the 5.0 OS with the least amount EXTRAS.. makes it run alot better.. (languages, tasks,word mole,anything eles you dont use often) write down every app you have on the Phone so that you will remember which ones you have.. Loading the OS without these also being instaled seems to let the OS load right... Most of the Apps are not ready to be used on 5.0 so they will mess with the load process.. This is just how i load my OS's... I really dont mind redownloading Apps.. Good Luck again
    11-06-09 11:27 PM
    Reseting BB app world will also help with loading any app you previously had on the phone... You do this by going to the My world section of BB App world and press and hold the !?123 key until it locks, and then press 34(... this will Reset BB app world.. allowing you to Download Fresh Apps...
    11-06-09 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD