I've had my storm for about 3 weeks. In that time, I've upgraded my blackberry to the 114 Hybrid OS from watching a video on YouTube. It was working great, but after reading a post on Crackberry about the new 113 OS, I decided to take the plunge. The new 113 OS seemed to work great for a few hours, but then it crashed pretty badly and I had to update all of my settings all over again. I decided to revert back to the 114 Hybrid OS, and the "new" glitches from 113 OS haven't gone away (the accelerometer randomly switches to portrait mode every once in awhile, the screen takes a few presses sometimes to reconize that I'm 'clicking', and it just seems a wee bit slower).

All of that said, I have a coworker with v4.7.0.76 (Platform 4.0.0.96), and his older storm 9530 is lighting fast when it comes to typing. I'd gladly give up all of my applications if I could have a phone as fast as his. Mine has never been even remotely that fast. Plus, his phone clicking mechanism is less rigid (and the corners of my screen are very stiff). He says that his has always been that fast.

I have the same memory problems as everyone else after downloading the 'BB App World' application onto my blackberry.

Please help!
    04-02-09 09:49 AM
    I would try and do a wipe, then reinstall whatever OS you want, that might fix things. just make sure to backup your phone and all of your apps. IDK about the memory with the BB app world I have had no significant leaks and I am running that and many other apps. hope this helps
    Last edited by thearmybouncer; 04-02-09 at 09:57 AM.
    04-02-09 09:54 AM
    I'm not sure exactly how to do a 'clean' wipe. I'll have to look into that.

I've also read that other people seem to have the same issues with a stiff clicking mechanism on their storm as well. Does anyone know if this is a defect? I've head about some people putting playing cards behind their battery to improve the clicking mechanism, but that didn't work for me.

Is there a difference in how older 9530 storms were built?

Thanks again
    04-02-09 11:18 AM
    Just last night I bought the TORX 6 (T6) screwdriver from Canadian Tire (on sale for $3.99), and it made a HUGE difference with my typing speed. If anyone is having the same problem, I recommend seaching out the same solution posted in the forums here at Crackberry.

The glitches still exist, but they are more bearable with the upgrade in speed. Perhaps I'll have to try reinstalling my OS.
    04-03-09 11:22 AM
    JL Commander for the wiping of your phone, it is easy and self explanatory. ;-)
    04-03-09 11:28 AM
    Last night, I uninstalled all Blackberry OS from my home computer, started from scratch and finally reinstalled 114 Hybrid Version 3 into my Blackberry. It still hasn't fixed my #1 glitch which is that when in landscape mode typing (an email or a text message) it will sometimes at random switch to portrait mode, and then sometimes switch back or sometimes I need to switch to landscape in the other direction (upside down).

I could probably get things running faster switching to the new 122 OS, but all that I really care about at the moment is cleaning up the random landscape to portrait glitch. I haven't been able to find anyone in the forums with a similar problem...
    04-08-09 01:29 PM
    Have you done any memory wipes?
    04-08-09 01:47 PM
    No, I have never done a memory wipe. Have you had the same problem?
    04-08-09 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD