Help!

I rec'd my first Storm in Nov, 08. It would continually give me a device error message and reboot. Happened when I was typing in my password, typing a text message or IM'g my husband who also has a blackberry. So, called Verizon and they sent me a new one.

Now I am having the same problem and I am ready to throw this phone in the garbage. It's just so annoying. I'll be in the middle of typing, and then the phone flases a white screen with "device error" and then goes to black screen and then reboots. I have even slowed down my rate of typing to see if that is the problem.

And with the Device Error...it happens so fast (white screen with very very small device error message) that i cannot read or see the error number...1

When I call Verizon they don't seem to be able to explain why or how to fix it.

Someone please help me. I am somewhat computer savvy, but not a super techno person.
    02-14-09 10:46 AM
    Its actually somhat common. Bug in the OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 10:48 AM
    Is there no way to fix it? Is it something that Blackberry will fix at some point?
    02-14-09 11:34 AM
    Hopefully! How often is it happening to you? I would say mine reset a couple of times a day when I was running .75. I've had it happen a tad more with some of the Beta's, but they are betas so that was kind of expected
    02-14-09 12:29 PM
    Hi. I am running .75 and it is happening hit and miss. Sometimes nothing for a week, then 3x in 1 day, or 2x in a week.

Ok, lame-o question here, what do you mean by Beta's?

Thanks!
    02-14-09 12:35 PM
    Yea, it seems pretty random, at least it did to me. I had much the same experience. I wouldn't worry about it TOO much, unless it was happening constantly and consistently.

Beta's are leaked software. It's not official software, but somewhere someone got ahold of it and put it out on the internet. It's supposedly not up to the official specs, but it does feature improvements, just may have some glitches. It's all the .99, .103, etc talk that you see on these forums. It's generally not recommended to upgrade to these unless you're really comfortable with your device though, there is a risk involved with any device software upgrade.
    02-14-09 12:39 PM
    I've seen other ppl talked about running .83 and .85 on their storm. My only upgrade option from the desktop manager is .75. Am I missing something?

You've been a big help - thanks for taking the time!
    02-14-09 12:41 PM
    I get the same error randomly when using Google Talk. I am running .75. I was able to detect that mine was Device Error 348. I called Verizon and they recommended uninstalling software and reinstalling. I didn't do it yet. Hoping the next OS will fix it
    02-14-09 12:43 PM
    I've seen other ppl talked about running .83 and .85 on their storm. My only upgrade option from the desktop manager is .75. Am I missing something?

You've been a big help - thanks for taking the time!
    They are Beta OS, which are not official. .75 is the only Official OS, you can download others if you want at your own risk
    02-14-09 12:44 PM
    I did that already and no fix. I guess we'll just have to wait for the next update - supposedly in March, along with an Apps center. Thanks!!!
    02-14-09 12:44 PM
    that was verizons official os update that why u see .75 on the desktop manager. the latest leak version is .103
    02-14-09 12:45 PM
    how to load the new Beta OS?
    02-14-09 12:46 PM
    Download it to your computer and install it, head over to the beta OS forum to get the install file. But again, its at your own risk, and generally not recommended unless you're comfortable
    02-14-09 01:18 PM
    I'm running .103 and am not having any issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bbsean; 02-14-09 at 08:57 PM.
    02-14-09 08:54 PM
    My 9530 keeps resetting! I'd say at least 5-6 times a day. I already took it in for service, but of course the POS BB didn't reset when they had it! It's ridiculous! I feel your pain JillyWilly, I'm ready to break this thing! I really should have gone with an iphone.
    05-09-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD