I have a storm that is unlocked. I used the crack utiliy to install the ATT service books and followed it line by line and it worked.

the issue I am having is that sometimes my phone says under services status that "blackberry internet service connection: not connected" and 'blackberry enterprise server connection: not connected".

After a while it says connected but I cant have a phone like this because I use it for work. Can someone tell me how to keep it saying connected.

thanks
    06-25-09 08:33 AM
    bump.............................
    06-25-09 09:41 AM
    when this happens is your signal edge or EDGE, it has to be EDGE to check your mail, browse the net etc.... To load your SBs, all you had to do is move a COD file in the Java folder, ran the DM to uinstall the COD, ran the DM again to load the AT&T SBs, moved the file back to the Java folder, ran the DM to install the COD again, which OS are you running, did you switch out the radio file for another?
    06-25-09 10:09 AM
    On AT&T, follow these directions:
    1. Download the ATT service books here. Unzip the file on your PC and remember where you placed the file on your PC.

2. On the PC, go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\OS version\Java.
    Create a new folder and name is ATT. Find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_dameon and move the cod to your new folder.

3. Plug in device and open DM > AppLoader > Add/Remove Programs and work your way through the process to remove the net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module.

Close DM on completion.

4. Open DM again. Go to Backup/Restore > Advanced. On the right is the Storm's data and service books. On the left select File > Open > Select the service book file you downloaded. Click once to highlight it, and then click the bottom arrow (to move it from the left box to the right).
    Go back to main menu of DM.

5. Go to C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader\OS version\Java\ then to the folder you created named ATT. Right click the module > Cut.
    Go back to main Java folder and paste it back.

6. Plug in device and open DM > AppLoader > Add/Remove > and proceed your way through. You will see net_rim_bb_browser_dameon.cod file being replaced.

7. Now go to AT&T BIS Page log in and resend your service books.
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

8. On your Storm go to Option > Advanced Options > TCP/APN should say
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username:[email protected]
    Password: CINGULAR1

9. You may need to reboot the BB one more time.
    06-25-09 10:10 AM
    saved those steps from another post when i first got my storm, i'm on .148, but swiched out the radio file and use one from an older OS, also tweaked the TCP settings so i get a constant EDGE.
    06-25-09 10:11 AM
    i hope this works man ill give it a try
    06-25-09 10:56 AM
    isnt this the same thing

h.t.t.p://forums.crackberry.com/f135/howto-get-all-features-browser-mms-working-t-w-unlocked-storm-95xx-107154/

this is what is did and it sucks. I go from EDGE then to edge and I need is constant. my os is 4.7.0.148
    06-25-09 11:27 AM
    switch out your radio file with .132 using the swap a radio tool and the follow the steps in the edge fix post in my sig, search CB for Switch A Radio, its a great tool to swap radio files, from .75 - .141, would not go lower than .90 with any new new OS, may cause issues, also before you try switching radio files try the steps in the edge fix post in my sig which are disabling the TCP settings under Opt>Adv Opt, under Manage Connections switch 2g & 3G to just 2G and then turn off your connection, wait a min or two and switch it on and see if it stablizes, if not switch out your radio file for .132 using the tool i mentioned and then try the steps again.
    Last edited by ghostshell; 06-25-09 at 03:49 PM.
    06-25-09 12:18 PM
    you will need to reload your SBs after you switch the radio file
    06-25-09 12:19 PM
    just added the tool to my sig, you can DL it from there.
    06-25-09 12:24 PM
    sorry to revive an old thread but got a question if you don't mind me asking.

Currently I'm on ATT with a Bold 9000.
    I found a guy on Craigslist that has a Storm 9530.
    He says its unlocked, and he currently is using it on ATT.

Now, he is willing to do a trade with me.
    If I were to do a trade, how would I delete all my stuff of my currently
    BB and then get it all on the new BB. Would I have to do all the steps
    you listed above since its already unlocked and on ATT or do I just
    need to put in my SIM card and send the SBs?

I'm a noob on BBs as I just recently went from an iPhone to Bold.
    I want the touchscreen so thats why I want a Storm, I am aware
    I'll lose 3G, but ATT 3G sucks anyways (on the Bold at least).

If anyone could assist, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Or if there is anythign I should look for lmk.
    Thanks!
    07-30-09 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD