Here's what I have:
    BB Storm 9500, Vodafone
    - v4.7.0.181 (Platform 4.0.0.212) In other words, the most updated version available through RIM through the Desktop Manager
    - T-Mobile Service Books
    - APN Settings to "epc.tmobile.com"
    - On http://my-tmobile.com I have the Blackberry 8800 selected as my phone, it used to say "not supported" and no phone was as the picture
    - I have the Blackberry specific web, NOT THE SMARTPHONE!! BB requires BB internet service
    - Host Routing Table registered with T-Mobile, when I call T-Mobile they tell me that I have a 9500 and that I am successfully registered with them, but my host routing table remains blank

Here's what my status WAS:
    - I was stuck on "edge"
    - I couldnt send SMS
    - Access to the internet was occasional
    - Could not setup BIS Email

Here's what my statis IS:
    - Just look at my signature, I have EVERYTHING!

Any questions?

No, I have no special hybrids or super early software. I have only what was available to me through Desktop Manager.
    06-08-10 07:55 PM
    Here's what I have:
    BB Storm 9500, Vodafone
    - v4.7.0.181 (Platform 4.0.0.212) In other words, the most updated version available through RIM through the Desktop Manager
    - T-Mobile Service Books
    - APN Settings to "epc.tmobile.com"
    - On http://my-tmobile.com I have the Blackberry 8800 selected as my phone, it used to say "not supported" and no phone was as the picture
    - I have the Blackberry specific web, NOT THE SMARTPHONE!! BB requires BB internet service
    - Host Routing Table registered with T-Mobile, when I call T-Mobile they tell me that I have a 9500 and that I am successfully registered with them, but my host routing table remains blank

Here's what my status WAS:
    - I was stuck on "edge"
    - I couldnt send SMS
    - Access to the internet was occasional
    - Could not setup BIS Email

Here's what my statis IS:
    - Just look at my signature, I have EVERYTHING!

Any questions?

No, I have no special hybrids or super early software. I have only what was available to me through Desktop Manager.
    **UPDATE**
    Just a hour or 2 later and now I have several T-Mobile labels in my Host Routing Table

also, when to go to Menu -->Advanced Option I have the option to "wireless update" I'm afraid to do it cause my storm is finally perfect after trying to fix it for a few hours.
    06-08-10 08:43 PM
    I was asked a few questions in another forum about the steps I went through...heres what I posted:

I did nothing out of the ordinary.

I have original everything that is provided from RIM.

From there:
    Step 1 : Load T-Mobile service books

Step 2: APN Settings are set to epc.tmobile.com

Step 3: Network Settings are Data=On, Network Mode=2G

Step 4: Firewall is Disabled

Step 5: Go to my.tmobile.com and configure for Blackberry 8800

Step 6: Go to your Host Routing Table and hit menu and "register now"

Step 7: Call T-Mobile customer service and ensure that they have you on the Blackberry Plan and not the generic Smartphone plan

Step 8: After that is complete, ask to be redirected to Blackberry customer service Tier 2 because you want to verify that your blackberry is registered with them. From there, they should tell you that you have registered your Blackberry 9500, I say again blackberry 9500 if that is in fact what you have.

Step 9: Pull your battery and voila! EDGE!!
    06-08-10 08:49 PM
    hey i got EDGE a few days ago , i do have the BB plan , and now my BBM does work . but still no broswer or anything else , could you help me to get it all working , and a few days i got a message from Blackberry saying Your Handheld Has Beeen Registred With The Wireless Network... wat shud i do? thanks..
    06-09-10 10:33 PM
    so only your BBM is not working?

hmmm...

I'd try redoing almost everything but reloading the OS.

Redo your HRT, redo your APN Settings, call them and reverify you have all the blackberry services to include BIS (blackberry internet service)

I believe that you have to have a APN set to use BBM, im not 100% sure though.

Mind you, after you do each step...yes, its kind of a pain in the nutsm but do a battery pull after each step i just mentioned
    06-09-10 10:55 PM
    , I said My BBM does work.. what doesnt work is AIM , MSN , Iternet , I cant get pictures that people send me ... , My BBM didnt work till i got EDGE , and i got it few days ago. Should i Call them i did all these steps.
    06-10-10 05:53 PM
    OK, so you do have EDGE. Thats really good.

What the problem should only be from there is that those programs are run through the APN

which is in advanced options --> tcp/ip

then check the first box, and then 2nd line should read: epc.tmobile.com
    06-11-10 12:01 AM
    Next thing, go to your Host Routing Table, if it is blank click on the menu and click on Register Now, then wait about 20 minutes and then pull your battery and replace it and then check your Host Routing Table again.

If you have many things in there that say some **** about T-Mobile, leave the HRT alone. Don't reregister. Tell me which you had to do
    06-11-10 12:03 AM
    Having the exact problem, edge not EDGE since the verizon update.. followed all your instructions USArmyJohn to the tee.. and HRT is blank.. Browser is stuck at Hotspot Browser and doesn't let me change over... pls HELP!! Whole day with no internet on my phone is starting to feel like an arm missing..
    06-11-10 04:29 AM
    Yeah it does says epc.tmobile.com , and on Host Routing Table It has many... the one im using is T-mobile USA [31002630]
    06-11-10 08:53 AM
    what does it say exactly when you try to run one of those programs?
    06-11-10 09:39 AM
    yes i followed your instructions exactly. but i still have "edge", and not EDGE on my bb 9650. need some help
    06-11-10 02:30 PM
    Well My Browser Icon Doesnt show , i cant get pictures m when i try to run AIM it says Data Services Unavaiable, i just wish i could atleast the internet to work.
    06-11-10 03:18 PM
    Well My Browser Icon Doesnt show , i cant get pictures m when i try to run AIM it says Data Services Unavaiable, i just wish i could atleast the internet to work.
    I know I've seen people with problems not getting the browser icon not showing. Google that or search these forums
    06-11-10 05:47 PM
    yes i followed your instructions exactly. but i still have "edge", and not EDGE on my bb 9650. need some help
    Sorry man, I don't know jackish about a 9650
    06-11-10 05:48 PM
    Making this thread "sticky" for a few days.

Users please note the OP is reporting results from a European sourced Storm 9500 and a US sourced Storm 9530 may behave differently. Don't flame anyone if you get a different result.

Also please note that different software is required for the 9530. Loading the wrong software on a phone is likely to brick it.
    06-12-10 01:53 PM
    Making this thread "sticky" for a few days.

Users please note the OP is reporting results from a European sourced Storm 9500 and a US sourced Storm 9530 may behave differently. Don't flame anyone if you get a different result.

Also please note that different software is required for the 9530. Loading the wrong software on a phone is likely to brick it.
    I might agree with the bricking software thing, however the version of Software that I am currently using is Australian.

As far as i know, there's only 2 versions of the storm, the Vodafone and Verizon and if thats the case...the Aussies would be running the UK software and therefore I'd be good with ANY other countries version of the Storm software except US and visa versa...

I'm getting ready to try the next set of software and make sure my phone still works with yet another version. Its going to be the v5.0.0.484
    06-12-10 02:09 PM
    I might agree with the bricking software thing, however the version of Software that I am currently using is Australian.

As far as i know, there's only 2 versions of the storm, the Vodafone and Verizon and if thats the case...the Aussies would be running the UK software and therefore I'd be good with ANY other countries version of the Storm software except US and visa versa...
    To make it simple for readers, there are two types of Storm 95xx and software. That designed for GSM-only (9500) -OR- that designed for CDMA/GSM (9530). The chipsets are different and the software is not cross compatible. It generally doesn't matter which carrier released the build provided it is for the same type of radio chipset.

The installer should trap attempts to load the wrong version, but some of these guys are so desperate there will be someone tempted to hack the install files and force an incompatible version. It has already been tried, it will load with brute force but the phone doesn't work.
    06-12-10 08:09 PM
    good info!

thanks a ton
    06-12-10 09:35 PM
    To make it simple for readers, there are two types of Storm 95xx and software. That designed for GSM-only (9500) -OR- that designed for CDMA/GSM (9530). The chipsets are different and the software is not cross compatible. It generally doesn't matter which carrier released the build provided it is for the same type of radio chipset.

The installer should trap attempts to load the wrong version, but some of these guys are so desperate there will be someone tempted to hack the install files and force an incompatible version. It has already been tried, it will load with brute force but the phone doesn't work.
    And basically what your saying is that because I have a UK phone, I can load ANY software available that's not american?
    06-12-10 09:36 PM
    And basically what your saying is that because I have a UK phone, I can load ANY software available that's not american?
    You can load any software designed and released for 9500. That more or less rules out the US releases because the 9500 was never supplied or supported there - but the essential point is the model for which the software was designed, not the geographic or carrier origins.
    06-13-10 06:40 PM
    Well said, well said...thanks
    06-14-10 12:12 AM

So I was just looking at the back of my phone today and it says, Qualcomm 3G CDMA.
    06-14-10 09:15 PM
    That sounds suspiciously like a CDMA phone - or at least the label. The easy check is to look at the phone's PIN.

3xxxxxxx - CDMA/GSM (Verizon stock)
    2xxxxxxx - GSM/UMTS (Vodafone stock)

I guess it is possible they all use Qualcomm chipsets and common labels.
    06-15-10 04:40 PM
    I was asked a few questions in another forum about the steps I went through...heres what I posted:

I did nothing out of the ordinary.

I have original everything that is provided from RIM.

From there:
    Step 1 : Load T-Mobile service books

Step 2: APN Settings are set to epc.tmobile.com

Step 3: Network Settings are Data=On, Network Mode=2G

Step 4: Firewall is Disabled

Step 5: Go to my.tmobile.com and configure for Blackberry 8800

Step 6: Go to your Host Routing Table and hit menu and "register now"

Step 7: Call T-Mobile customer service and ensure that they have you on the Blackberry Plan and not the generic Smartphone plan

Step 8: After that is complete, ask to be redirected to Blackberry customer service Tier 2 because you want to verify that your blackberry is registered with them. From there, they should tell you that you have registered your Blackberry 9500, I say again blackberry 9500 if that is in fact what you have.

Step 9: Pull your battery and voila! EDGE!!

<<< hey so do u think this procedure will work on the STORM 2 on the TMOBILE network??? bcuz im having probs wit the lower case edge rite now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD