Well I've been generally happy with my Storm, despite it lagging at every turn but I think I fried it today.

I was in the middle of receiving txt msgs and pins and trying to get the screen to switch from landscape to regular portrait and I got the little clock. This time it never went away, I pulled the battery and when it tried to boot back up, it would give a small message that I couldn't read because at that point the screen goes dark... and then it would try to reboot. I think it just overworked itself to death.

So I can't connect to my computer, I can't do anything with it. I 'technically' have water damage because since the phone was dropped in a bit of snow a few weeks back (but water never got into the phone, the phone worked fine!)... the water damage indicator is (all too conveniently) located right next to the edge of the battery cover.

I can't fork out the cash to get a Storm 2 so I guess I'm stuck getting a Curve for now.
    01-18-10 08:36 PM
    Are you sure it is dead? Will your comp recognize it? If you have AIM or Google Talk, post it here and I will try and help you out.
    01-18-10 09:24 PM
    Computer recognizes it when it's trying to boot up (white screen w/ clock) but I can't access the memory card. The BB Desktop manager doesn't recognize it either when it's booting up. Then of course when the phone temporarily shuts off to try to reboot again, the computer stops recognizing it.
    01-18-10 09:29 PM
    Do you have AIM or Google Talk? It's a lot faster to try and help that way.
    01-18-10 09:36 PM
    Sorry man, I appreciate the help but I don't have those set up at all. Eitherway, I can't see anyway of doing anything since I can't access it through the computer, and there's no hard reset button or anything.
    01-18-10 10:16 PM
    Whew! I was able to revive it using that Nuked Blackberry article.

Now I just have to troubleshoot my 5.0 upgrade issues
    01-19-10 02:37 AM
    Its very hard to kill a storm and there is usually a way to revive it. Most likely what mike was trying to help you with.
    01-19-10 07:26 AM
    Whew! I was able to revive it using that Nuked Blackberry article.

Now I just have to troubleshoot my 5.0 upgrade issues
    And there was much rejoicing
    01-19-10 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD