This guy on Craigslist wants to sell his 9530 for $300.. i said i am willing to take off his hand for $200.. a week later he agrees and sends me an email asking for $200. I am planning to use it on GSM network, will it be good for rogers or not?
    07-27-09 02:25 PM
    If it is fully unlocked, and operational, it will work on GSM carriers. Mine is fully unlocked / operational, and currently use a FIDO, and ROGERS SIM, depending on the day etc.

IT MUST BE UNLOCKED, else it won't work on a carrier outside it's home carrier.

A bit of advice;
    Deal in person, and inspect the goods so they meet your satisfaction. Use common sense. Make test calls / text message / BBm / emails to ensure functionality (even test the vibrate on it, Ive been burned there in past)

$200 is a good deal, as long as it's in good shape / works / comes with charger etc. However, 9530's will drop in price, both retail, as well as third party, as soon as STORM2 hits.

In short,
    Know when to hold, know when to fold, know when to walk away, know when to run.

Good luck

Cheers

***EDIT***
    Also, if it is not UNLOCKED from it's carrier, there is always the remote unlocking service route, in which I have used Horizon Wireless a few times in past, and have had nothign but pure win from them (I am not affiliated with the company in any way other then happy client)
    ***END***
    Last edited by hexwulf; 07-27-09 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Updated
    07-27-09 02:47 PM
    I am going to assume that the storm you want to purchase is currently on a CDMA network. I would make sure it is unlocked, I use mine all over the world, most recently in Russia with a local pay as you go sim card. The phone will work with any sim card, anywhere around the world (at least that is my personal experience, with lots of Europe, Russia, China, etc) as long as it has been unlocked.
    07-27-09 02:49 PM
    Hmm. He wanted $300 and a week later, took your $200 offer? Id look into that.

Im suprised you offered $100 less. Thats why I would look into that. Its a big amount.
    07-27-09 03:05 PM
    I was just checking if he agrees or not with $100 less offer, he says he got a new Tour that's why he is selling for good.
    07-27-09 03:11 PM
    I'd tell him I'll take it for $150!! The price just went down....$100 is hard to accept unless someone is just desperate...hmmmm
    07-27-09 03:16 PM
    I Would Offer My Storm Up For $400
    Great Quality
    No Scratches

Plus, I Payed Full Retail For This Phone ($600) That's Why I Would Sell Mine For $400.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 03:17 PM
    if you wanna get a storm for GSM, i highly suggest you get a 9500, the software is written to accept all bands of GSM use, not limited like the 9530
    07-27-09 03:18 PM
    You should be able to get it for $150. I traded my LG dare even up for my storm on craigslist but I also did a face to face transaction. Just be careful and make sure you know what you are getting before you send someone $200.
    07-27-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD