I have been trying to decide, Storm 1 BOGO so my wife can have her first BB, and upgrade my 8330. Saw the Storm 2 review, and the face recognition hardware/software. Wanted to know what the issue is and how you have handled it on the 9530 Storm1?
    CB has really opened my eyes, and I appreciate all the help and info.
    10-15-09 05:28 PM
    Storm 1 on 5.0 software has face recognition. I'm becoming mildly annoyed that 90% of the features of the storm 2 advertised will also be available on the storm 1 with 5.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 06:44 PM
    Isn't storm 2 being launched with the BOGO option? I might be wrong, but I thought there was a post on the homepage a week ago. If so, wait and get the storm 2. The storm is great but im sure the storm 2 will be better. Like the other poster indicated the face recognition lock can be quite annoying so I use stormslider to lock while in calls. Im sure they will have similar apps for the storm 2.
    10-15-09 07:16 PM
    I have been trying to decide, Storm 1 BOGO so my wife can have her first BB, and upgrade my 8330. Saw the Storm 2 review, and the face recognition hardware/software. Wanted to know what the issue is and how you have handled it on the 9530 Storm1?
    CB has really opened my eyes, and I appreciate all the help and info.
    When on a call, a lot of times your face would push a button on the screen. There are several (paid) apps that will automatically lock the screen while on a call (StormLock has been working perfectly for me.)

I haven't tried 5.0 yet, so I can't speak for that, but it seems the issue is being resolved for both versions of the Storm.
    10-15-09 08:36 PM
    Thanks, good to know. And yes, if there is a BOGO on Storm 2 that would be my choice. I have several friends who have Storm 1, like the phone, and it sounds like with the 5.0 firmware hard to beat the $49.99. Ok, so it is VZW, and you do have to pay them $149.99 and get a debit card back, I know. Just have to wait it out and decide before Nov. 7th, at least on the flyer I got from vZW they tell you when that promo ends.
    10-15-09 11:00 PM
    I had Stormlock installed on my 9530 Storm. Worked great with OS 4.7. After upgrading to OS 5.0, the face recognition locks the screen when I am on the phone and I have Stormlock disabled. Not sure if I need to keep using Stormlock.
    11-03-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD