I am travelling to France and Germany and want to use my Storm 1. I know about unlocking the sim card, the international plan, and that I don't have wi-fi with this model. I have also read about Skype. Would Skype be used to its potential through the Storm 1. I wasn't planning on using the phone or text that much but wanted to use everything else. What would you recommend? Thanks
    05-21-10 12:29 PM
    You can't use Skype in Europe. The way Skype is set up on Verizon's network you need to be on their network to utilize it. Last time I was abroad I just used Verizon's Int'l data plan. It comes close to $3/day (start the plan when you leave, cancel it when you return), you can get your data and if needed voice (of course for a charge per minute)
    05-21-10 02:20 PM
    I am travelling to France and Germany and want to use my Storm 1. I know about unlocking the sim card, the international plan, and that I don't have wi-fi with this model. I have also read about Skype. Would Skype be used to its potential through the Storm 1. I wasn't planning on using the phone or text that much but wanted to use everything else. What would you recommend? Thanks
    You may unlock it and use it overseas as long as the carrier supports your device's frequency bands. Skype will not work without Wi-Fi capability.
    05-23-10 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD