I've had my storm since December 08 and have gone through HIGHS and LOWS regarding battery life.

Each of these Highs and Lows have been driven by installing different OS' (Leaked betas and Official).

I'm now running 5.0.328 and I must say that I can now go 2 FULL days with Medium usage. 3 days on light usage and the battery is a YEAR old...

This was unprecedented before.... there were some 4.7.XXX leaked betas that had good battery life, but IMO they were giving up too much in other things (like resolution, speed) to get it.....

For the guy with 2 storms.... I'm gonna attribute your problem with an earlier issue... seeing that the phones were bought used...
    11-30-09 04:01 PM
    I found swapping the RADIO (Shrink-A-OS will do it) can make a big difference in battery life. A stronger Radio has to do less "searching" for a signal in "dead" areas and tends to last much longer. But if you live and work in areas with good signal strength then using the .328 Radio should be fine.

You have to do a lot of tweaking to make this phone work
    11-30-09 05:39 PM
    I found swapping the RADIO (Shrink-A-OS will do it) can make a big difference in battery life. A stronger Radio has to do less "searching" for a signal in "dead" areas and tends to last much longer. But if you live and work in areas with good signal strength then using the .328 Radio should be fine.

You have to do a lot of tweaking to make this phone work
    Nice idea Scalemaster34,

I have Shrink-A-OS and since it looks like your running the same OS which radio are you using?
    11-30-09 07:19 PM
    I recently started using my Storm as my primary MP3 player. It survives the day after listending to about an hour or more of music, plus travel time in the car. That is on top of the web brosing, all-day emails/SMS/MMS/BBM. Yesterday I ended the day at 70%
    12-01-09 06:06 AM
    I'm using a Droid now and there is no battery life difference between that and my Storm 1 or my Storm 2.

As PK say's all smart phones are hard on batteries. And just to enter the argument about charging, you should let your battery go down to 20-40% and then recharge it. I've seen some recommendations from companies like apple that say it's a good idea to let it fully discharge about every few weeks. I tried this and saw no improvement in battery life however it may contribute to the life of the battery itself.

Fully discharging daily is indeed harmful on these batteries and will shorten the life.
    12-01-09 07:10 AM
    For the guy with 2 storms.... I'm gonna attribute your problem with an earlier issue... seeing that the phones were bought used...
    After reading many of these post I have decided these Storms can vary in battery life from one to another even with the same settings/usage regardless of whether its USED or not. It appears the one I have that drains batteries is no different than many others and the other Storm just happens to be blessed with long battery life.

Anyway the phones work great and for what they cost me I am more than pleased.

Thanks for all your help.
    12-01-09 09:17 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD